Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Launch Error (/forums/showthread.php?t=277694)

Count Caze 07-15-2017 09:29 AM

Launch Error

1 Attachment(s)
Just started getting everything set up and finished the install with the directions provided and I'm getting the "Windows cannot find 'eqgame' error

Domo 07-20-2017 04:36 PM

same

Ashintar 07-20-2017 05:13 PM

you're starting the command prompt in the C:\Windows\system32 directory, since the EQGame.exe file doesn't reside there it doesn't know how to find it.

I assume you're using the "Launch Titanium.bat" file? if so you'll want to edit it from the default of:

start eqgame patchme

to:
start c:\<whateveryourdirectorypathis>\eqgame.exe patchme

Domo 07-20-2017 06:15 PM

cant edit it :/

Ashintar 07-20-2017 06:36 PM

what error message do you receive when you attempt to right click "launch titanium.bat" and select edit?

Count Caze 07-20-2017 09:38 PM

I went ahead and changed the properties of the shortcut and was able to log in finally.

Badpenny 07-21-2017 09:35 PM

Just built a new computer and trying to complete this install as well. When I double click the Launch Titanium.bat file I get a "Memory could not be read" error. If I run it as admin I get the same as the people above.

When I complete the steps that you outlined above I get "Please delete Wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll from you everquest titanium directory" error.

As far as I can tell, those files do not exist.

Please help :)

EDIT - Was able to login by changing the resolution to something unplayable, but now the characters are invis (except their weapons) and the world is a gray and undefined. Seems to be some sort of resolution issue, but be damned if I can figure out what...

stormsinger 03-14-2019 07:32 PM

invis characters

Same problem as Badpenny, with the invisible characters. Has anyone resolved this?

minibus 05-23-2019 11:31 AM

Also having this problem. (Didn't have this problem when I created my p1999 account years ago.)

Will try Ashintar's advice and report back. (Seems very self explanatory, but minibus <--is noob)

Via Ashintar:
you're starting the command prompt in the C:\Windows\system32 directory, since the EQGame.exe file doesn't reside there it doesn't know how to find it.

I assume you're using the "Launch Titanium.bat" file? if so you'll want to edit it from the default of:

start eqgame patchme

to:

minibus 05-23-2019 11:40 AM

eqgame (file problems) - advice for level 0 noobs

Alright, so Ashintar's advice works and is really easy. If you're having problems with your eqgame file, try this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by minibus (Post 2914253)
Also having this problem. (Didn't have this problem when I created my p1999 account years ago.)

Will try Ashintar's advice and report back. (Seems very self explanatory, but minibus <--is noob)

Via Ashintar:

start eqgame patchme

to: