Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Quest Issue: The Essence Lens quest is in-era for P99 Blue but missing (/forums/showthread.php?t=343489)

Croco 12-01-2020 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 3191233)
I think I have finished all of this.

Everything becomes active when the sleeper is awoken.

The scale will be a very rare drop, from any normal sleeper npcs, after the sleeper has awoken.

If other research is discovered, let me know.

Fixed, pending update

Seems pretty clear something is up/wrong with this quest. The scales are dropping but no one has seen hide nor hair of Melalafen (who should be on his own spawn with no ph). Even after multiple quakes this dragon hasn't been spotted.

Nilbog can we get confirmation this is working correctly? Seems like it's not.

nilbog 12-03-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croco (Post 3220697)
Seems pretty clear something is up/wrong with this quest. The scales are dropping but no one has seen hide nor hair of Melalafen (who should be on his own spawn with no ph). Even after multiple quakes this dragon hasn't been spotted.

Nilbog can we get confirmation this is working correctly? Seems like it's not.

There was an issue with the last patch which specifically affected this. Should work normally after next patch.

Croco 12-04-2020 07:45 PM

Awesome, thanks Nilbog!

I'm curious if you noticed this post in the wayback that Dolalin posted earlier in this thread. It's a few posts after the guy who completed the first essence lens and he mentions that ST is "a plush, cushy place to go" and that the Ancient Sentries no longer flurry.

https://i.imgur.com/owR8XQn.png

A few posts further down another person posts the following:

Quote:

Easier or not, i havent looted anything but 1 prmial 1hs, 2 primal axe and 1 primal 2hand piercing in 4 month of ST. In 1 months since Kerafrym awaken and ST been fixed, we looted more Primal 1hb and 1h piercing than we ever loot of warder. nuff said.
Suggesting that at the very least 1 hand primals should be the same drop rate as their 2 hand counterparts. Currently it doesn't seem like that's the case.

Fitten goes on to state in a follow up post:

Quote:

Regardless, every mob in ST is only a shadow of what they were before Kerafrym was released. The fact that they don't see invis now makes CR trivial which wasn't in the past. The drop rates are like 4X what they once were. Killing everything down to the Warders once netted about 1 primal weapon and 2 priceless. Now that can be gotten just from killing the sentries and MotG. We cleaned ST out (before Kerafyrm release) except for the Warders a few times and got nothing at all. Basically ST is about 1/3 the difficulty as before (if not less) and drops at least 3X the rate as before (sans Warders, of course). (MUCH) Less risk and more reward.
All these forum posts are circa September 2001. Seems like pretty solid evidence to update ST on Blue.

re: wayback link for reference
https://web.archive.org/web/20011030...c&f=4&t=000292

Tunabros 12-04-2020 07:48 PM

NEW QUEST NEW QUEST!

stephenc44 12-11-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croco (Post 3222778)
Awesome, thanks Nilbog!

I'm curious if you noticed this post in the wayback that Dolalin posted earlier in this thread. It's a few posts after the guy who completed the first essence lens and he mentions that ST is "a plush, cushy place to go" and that the Ancient Sentries no longer flurry.

https://i.imgur.com/owR8XQn.png

A few posts further down another person posts the following:

Suggesting that at the very least 1 hand primals should be the same drop rate as their 2 hand counterparts. Currently it doesn't seem like that's the case.

Fitten goes on to state in a follow up post:

All these forum posts are circa September 2001. Seems like pretty solid evidence to update ST on Blue.

re: wayback link for reference
https://web.archive.org/web/20011030...c&f=4&t=000292

Please, for the love of Bertoxxulous, end our suffering and implement this.

nilbog 12-11-2020 12:54 PM

The update to quests a few days ago should allow this to now be functional.

If there are further issues with the quest please create a new bug thread or bump this one.