Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Miscellaneous: 60 FPS lock is buggy - maybe change it to 99 ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=334473)

Izmael 09-23-2019 02:37 AM

60 FPS lock is buggy - maybe change it to 99 ?

For many of us, the 60 FPS lock has caused performance issues as per the reports on the forums.

I experience it myself, and I have a very decent computer that runs the latest 3D games just fine. FPS drops drasticaly when there are 10+ player characters on the screen.

Please consider trying to lock the FPS at 99, as it would serve the same purpose of defeating the FPS hacks, but hopefully would solve the performance issues we're experiencing.

I'm volunteering to beta test the DLL if needed!

Note: locking to 100 would be bad, too, as it causes other issues (mouse look starts to be weird).

Dolalin 09-23-2019 02:57 AM

Check and make sure your graphics card preferences for EQ haven't reverted to your shitty integrated Intel graphics card instead of your 3D card.

Izmael 09-23-2019 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolalin (Post 2966048)
Check and make sure your graphics card preferences for EQ haven't reverted to your shitty integrated Intel graphics card instead of your 3D card.

It hasn't reverted.

Jimjam 09-23-2019 07:50 AM

Maybe delete your graphics card profile for EQ game and make a new one?

Kiwix 10-02-2019 02:17 AM

I'm having same issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolalin (Post 2966048)

Could you explain to an ogre how to do this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2966084)
Maybe delete your graphics card profile for EQ game and make a new one?

Again; could you explain to an ogre how to do this?

Game is kinda unplayable for me atm.

Ashenden 10-02-2019 09:29 AM

100 on the ingame slider is actually just unlocked FPS, as can be seen on things like RTSS. That is what caused the bugs, your mouselook polling is based on FPS and the higher it goes the lower your mouselook sensitivity.

Your graphics card could theoretically be putting EQ in to a low power mode with the new FPS lock. You could see if you have any luck going to (only know how for Nvidia, while EQ is closed) NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Add > eqgame.exe and then using the dropdown menu to locate EverQuest (eqgame.exe) > Power management mode > Prefer maximum performance then clicking apply in the bottom right.

Izmael 10-02-2019 09:36 AM

I run p99 on Linux.
There's no such thing as the Nvidia control panel.

It used to run great before the lock, I usually used to set it at 90-99 FPS cap.

Kiwix 10-07-2019 03:30 AM

Any news on this matter?

I have tried the above mentioned + one core + /dyn off + went through the possibilities mentioned in the graphic section on wiki. All with no luck.

I still lack like hell after this last patch. If more than 3 PCs/NPCs are within my view it becomes unplayable for me, and thats like everywhere :(

Dolalin 10-07-2019 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What graphics cards are you using?

1. Post the exact model and driver version in use for every GPU in your system, whether dedicated or integrated. List both if you have both.

2. Post a screenshot of your EQ advanced graphics settings, as attached.

Kiwix 10-07-2019 09:23 AM

4 Attachment(s)
See below:

Attachment 11325

Attachment 11326

Attachment 11327

Attachment 11328

I just tested how WinEQ2 works for me. Sadly it doesnt help with the lag at all. I tested the one core thing as well. And the /dyn off as well. I went through it all.

It seems like I have lag all the time, but it gets more intence as soon as I have more than 2 NPCs/PCs within my view, which might indicate the latest changes in light have something to do with it? Donno. Im kinda frustrated, as its unplayable atm.