Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Paladin re roll? (/forums/showthread.php?t=288227)

jman 01-06-2018 07:48 AM

Paladin re roll?

I just hit 20 and I'm seeing a lot of videos and guides that are saying wisdom is more important for paladins. My toon is sitting at 68 wis. And I go oom every couple fights self healing. Is wisdom easy to gear for? Or am I going to be gimped for not putting my points into it over Stamina and strength?

Therudwiz 01-06-2018 11:53 AM

What was your starting race?

Nagoya 01-06-2018 12:17 PM

Obviously Half-Elf at 68wis ~

My highest paladin is a level 30 erudite so I'm not gonna answer like I know shit about your class.

However, in general, starting stats are mostly irrelevant and shouldn't warrant a reroll even if you had put +20 in INT. You'll get your hands on some nice WIS or MP items on your journey and you'll do just fine :)

Danth 01-06-2018 12:34 PM

Wisdom (mana pool) is important for Paladins who're raiding and assigned to jobs like tertiary healer, or who live on the PvP server and can expect to get themselves into prolonged battles. It isn't a particularly critical stat for normal grouping/leveling. In ordinary situations your limiting factor is your mana regeneration rate, not mana pool, and wisdom won't help the former at all.

Danth

Crede 01-06-2018 12:54 PM

I’d only reroll if you just hate being a half elf. Putting points into stamina is still a solid choice because you are primarily a tank. And as you get higher and your mana pool grows those low level aggro spells won’t hurt your mana as much. And like others said high end gear will give you plenty of wisdom and mana returns.

jman 01-06-2018 04:31 PM

Thanks. Will keep on leveling.

Issar 01-07-2018 02:27 PM

You’re return on mana provided by wisdom at level 20 is ridiculously low. Having an extra 20 points in wisdom would net you maybe 2 extra light heals per mana bar, at level 20. Unless heavily twinked or a bard, every class has to med/bandage after a few fights when soloing. Paladin in general is not an efficient solo or self heal class, and operates best in a group. Wisdom gear is widely available on the server and cheap to stack if you feel like you need it. Otherwise, your points into stamina as a tank are never wasted.

kaev 01-07-2018 04:53 PM

I split my points 10/10 wis/sta on my paladin, because it bugged me to have "below average" in a primary stat for my class. Probably would have done better to go 20 sta tho. HP buffer has always been more important than mana buffer in actual play, whether tanking for a group (yay Complete Heal) or solo, and when tossing heals at DPS to counter raid AEs a few extra base mana is meaningless, you are riding the mana regen all the way in that situation..

Pyrion 01-08-2018 05:54 AM

What Danth said: Mana regeneration is way more important than a big mana pool. With a big mana pool you can heal yourself up once. And then? Take a long time to med back up. In the end you spend the same time healing up as with a smaller mana pool if you want to be FM at the end again.

Big mana pool is important if you have enough time *in a fight* to cast spells. So if your paladin has the healer role (can happen sometimes) then sure, it can save the day. As long as you are tanking you are only using like 10% of your mana in every fight, even when you are a total gimp with wisdom, so its really not important at all.

Meguvin 01-08-2018 01:57 PM

you should reroll for a sk. joke :P