Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   In window mode not full screen. (/forums/showthread.php?t=352948)

Bubba_Cloud 03-20-2020 05:39 PM

In window mode not full screen.

I installed Titanium, Patched it, and can play nicely but it is in a window instead of full screen? If I press Alt+Enter in game it goes full screen for only a few seconds and reverts back to window. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Rizko 04-25-2020 11:49 PM

Doing the same thing to me

mcoy 04-26-2020 10:29 AM

That's because your full-screen resolution is set to something the client doesn't like, or your desktop resolution doesn't agree with it. Best bet is to try different resolutions until you find one that works and doesn't look distorted. Remember, EQ is a 4:3 aspect ratio.

You'll want to make the changes in your eqclient.ini file, not while in-game. Just search for [VideoMode] and you'll see the appropriate lines.

-Mcoy

Omega 04-26-2020 11:05 AM

Download borserless gaming off steam it’s like $5 and puts EQ into full screen mode while running in window mode. It’s awesome and works great!

loramin 04-26-2020 11:47 AM

Personally I think playing full-screen in 2020 makes doing modern things (like looking at your browser on your second monitor ... or even just ALT+TABing to it on one monitor) harder than it needs to be.

Most of us have giant monitors, so sacrificing a few tiny pixels for window borders is a small price to pay to get "Full Screen Windowed Mode" (https://wiki.project1999.com/User_In...ndowed.22_Mode). And as Omega said, it's even possible to use other programs to remove those borders.