Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Players you'd like to thank (/forums/showthread.php?t=2905)

yt2005 02-12-2010 05:30 PM

Players you'd like to thank

I have yet to see any thread about the players that have helped you, inspired you, etc., and I wanted to have a space to do so, since it's not easy to accept a favor without at least giving a proper salute.

I'd like to thank Korthal for going above and beyond, and supplying a lowly Level 4 Cleric with a good weapon and good buffs, to help me on my way, for no reason at all. I didn't even see him coming!

I know it probably sounds a little silly, but I wanted to thank him for the leg up.

guineapig 02-12-2010 05:36 PM

I would like to thank a Trans Barbarian shaman (I think) . I can't recall his name sadly..
Back in my mid 20's I couldn't find a group to save my life and spent level after level at KFC in South Karana. Along comes this big barbarian and hails me while I'm medding. I stand up and he gave me three pieces of gear for absolutely no reason at all. All were upgrades to the plain cloth I was wearing before.

I recall the gatorscale sleeves and the silversilk pants, both of which I'm still wearing to this day!

Thanks again man, where ever you are!

Wizat 02-12-2010 05:39 PM

Korhal's great communism experiment helped a lot of people. Kudos to him - the server really doesn't need to be about gaining way more plat than you can use (or to make the best twink) it can be about making as many days better as you can.

HarmoniumGuard 02-12-2010 06:30 PM

I'd like to thank Nemadoz, a Halfling Druid, for healing me when I was camping Dyllin Starshine for the Testament of Vanear. Not only did he help me kill a mob he needed, but then he helped me hunt the nearby gnolls to regain the first level I lost to the encounter.

Props, man.

SwordNboard 02-12-2010 07:15 PM

I'd like to thank Pikler, Kaim, and Burlybones for being awesome people and helping me with some hand-me-downs to get me rolling in the right direction! Stay true guys!

Adriela 02-12-2010 07:15 PM

I'd like to thank Glitch who kindly gave out a very nice robe to a lowly level 4 Necro. Was most unexpected but made my day. I was happy enough after getting through level 3 but the robe gift was a great bonus. Plus it's solid black. Necro's so look best in black. :)

quido 02-12-2010 08:11 PM

I'd like to thanks Spectre the necro for being the coolest guy on the whole server. Props, Spectre; keep fighting the good fight.

Dyne 02-12-2010 08:42 PM

I want to thank Wiggles for every single time he has ever resurrected myself or my group in Upper Guk, and for the time that he literally went out of his way to resurrect me in another zone entirely, for absolutely no profit. He is everything that I strive to be on this server, especially once I hit Level 49 and can start 90% rezzing people myself. :)

LazyFuj 02-12-2010 08:58 PM

Id like to thank Barfists? I think that was his name.

I was on my way to BB and he told me to follow him it will be worth it! So I did, 5 min later I have an Oracle Robe!!!!!

Thank you!

Nial 02-12-2010 09:07 PM

I want to thank the kind person who gave me a Robe of the Keeper and a Sacrificial Dagger for no reason at all in Felwithe when I was just a lvl 3 wizard.

I can't remember his/her name, it happened so fast, but thank you!!