Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   New to P99 (/forums/showthread.php?t=368371)

Valkyriam 09-22-2020 04:07 PM

New to P99

Hello_world! My wife and kids were all old school evercrackers back in the day. Lately I've been missing the challenge of these old games, and EQ has always been a gold standard for questing, tradeskilling, groups and overall playability. A friend of mine and I recently had a talk about how the quest dynamics of actually digging in and researching the quest was part of the fun, especially when trying to figure out what to type out to progress the dialog. Right now, I'm trying P99 out to get a feel for the server, but also to see if this is something that perhaps my wife and kids would like to try and play together as well since we had so much fun before PoK/PoP came in.

If you see me around on Blue (not a pvper, and I've heard problems about Green), don't hesitate to stop on by, I'd love to interact and get to know people. I'd also love to know about the RP community here. For those familiar with the old Xegony server, I used to run with Darkmoon, Clan MacLear, and Velnarin d'Philith.

My mains:
Aurakos - Barbarian Shaman
Devyenn - Wood Elf Druid

Alts:
Velve - Wood Elf Ranger
Valkyriam - Dark Elf Necromancer

Hope to see you all out and about!

GrimSloth 09-24-2020 07:15 PM

Nice! Welcome aboard : )

tsuchang 09-24-2020 07:57 PM

Welcome to eq. You need to stop running naked in Blackburrow. Gnomes can be nice.

Naxy 09-25-2020 11:52 AM

Hope you enjoy it! There is nothing significant to be concerned about on green. So if you get fed up with the weird economy on Blue, Green is ok.