Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Corrupted Mobs Etc. (/forums/showthread.php?t=330892)

honeybee12874 07-29-2019 11:13 AM

Corrupted Mobs Etc.

Sorry in advance for all the questions, I feel like I've had a lot of them as I continue to work towards my epic. But so far you guys have all been really helpful, so thank you very much for that :D

So! I am ready to start fighting the corrupted mobs (etc.) to collect the items I need for my three cleansed spirits.

I know that quite a few of them should be soloable, and maybe a few others are duoable, while there are a couple that I will probably need to either MQ or get loot rights.

For reference, here is the full list of the mobs:

*corrupted wooly mammoth in Everfrost Peaks, loot a Chunk of Tundra
*corrupted shaman in Lake Rathetear, loot Clean Lakewater
*corrupted hill giant in Rathe Mountains, loot an Ancient Rock
*Corrupted Seahorse in Kedge Keep, loot Kedge Cave Crystals
*Corrupted seafury cyclops in Ocean of Tears, loot Ocean of Tears Seavines
*Corrupted brownie in Lesser Faydark, loot Green Heartwood Branch
*Ulump Pujluk in Swamp of No Hope, loot Froglok Essence
*Corrupted Gorilla in Emerald Jungle, loot the Green Tree Bark
*Corrupted barracuda in Lake of Ill Omen, loot the Pure Lakewater
*Faydedar in Timorous Deep, loot the Pod of Seawater

My main question is just to get an idea which mobs I will need a duo (or more) to kill.

Thank you very much!!

sedrie.bellamie 07-29-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee12874 (Post 2941537)
*corrupted wooly mammoth in Everfrost Peaks; solo
*corrupted shaman in Lake Rathetear; solo
*corrupted hill giant in Rathe Mountains; solo
*Corrupted Seahorse in Kedge Keep; bring a group
*Corrupted seafury cyclops in Ocean of Tears; dou with a necro/bard fear
*Corrupted brownie in Lesser Faydark; dou, just kite it with some DPS
*Ulump Pujluk in Swamp of No Hope; cleric and tank
*Corrupted Gorilla in Emerald Jungle; solo
*Corrupted barracuda in Lake of Ill Omen; solo
*Faydedar in Timorous Deep; 2 groups, the more the better

bigjeff100 07-29-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee12874 (Post 2941537)
Sorry in advance for all the questions, I feel like I've had a lot of them as I continue to work towards my epic. But so far you guys have all been really helpful, so thank you very much for that :D

So! I am ready to start fighting the corrupted mobs (etc.) to collect the items I need for my three cleansed spirits.

I know that quite a few of them should be soloable, and maybe a few others are duoable, while there are a couple that I will probably need to either MQ or get loot rights.

For reference, here is the full list of the mobs:

*corrupted wooly mammoth in Everfrost Peaks, loot a Chunk of Tundra
*corrupted hill giant in Rathe Mountains, loot an Ancient Rock

My main question is just to get an idea which mobs I will need a duo (or more) to kill.

Thank you very much!!

*corrupted wooly mammoth in Everfrost Peaks, loot a Chunk of Tundra- Solo
*corrupted shaman in Lake Rathetear, loot Clean Lakewater- Duo? I fought him in the water though, so maybe if you pull to land you can solo him? Usually clerics here also for epic and can help(This was the worst camp for me)
*corrupted hill giant in Rathe Mountains, loot an Ancient Rock-Solo
*Corrupted Seahorse in Kedge Keep, loot Kedge Cave Crystals-Can solo i think with charmed pet? But i suggest a small group, or duo at least!
*Corrupted seafury cyclops in Ocean of Tears, loot Ocean of Tears Seavines-Duo, usually somebody around u can just ask for help from?
*Corrupted brownie in Lesser Faydark, loot Green Heartwood Branch-Duo
*Ulump Pujluk in Swamp of No Hope, loot Froglok Essence-Small Group (Mostly Melee)
*Corrupted Gorilla in Emerald Jungle, loot the Green Tree Bark- Solo (charm pet for help)
*Corrupted barracuda in Lake of Ill Omen, loot the Pure Lakewater- Solo (Charm pet for help)
*Faydedar in Timorous Deep, loot the Pod of Seawater- Small Raid Force?

That's the best i got haha, been a while!

Sloshed 07-29-2019 11:21 AM

Corrupted seahorse can duo with another charm class.
Corrupted brownie easiest if you have a fear class since he summons.
Ulump need tank healer and dps. 4 or 5 tops.
Faydedar has insane regen so need a lot of dps. Can be done with super duper group or 8-9 to be safe.
Rest you can solo.

It's really a easy quest so don't overthink it.

red_demonman 07-29-2019 11:23 AM

Faydedar needs a raid or very competent group.
Ulump Pujluk you need a small group.
Corrupted seahorse you could duo with another druid (charm other seahorses). A small group would be safer.
Corrupted seafury you can just ping a farming necro and duo.
Corrupted brownie needs a duo.

The rest are soloable.

loramin 07-29-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjeff100 (Post 2941540)
*Corrupted Seahorse in Kedge Keep, loot Kedge Cave Crystals-Can solo i think with charmed pet? But i suggest a small group, or duo at least!

He summons. He might be soloable under truly optimal conditions (solo artists can do crazy things with reapers and sting wort potions and such), but under normal conditions he is definitely not soloable by a Druid, and I would strongly recommend bringing someone who can tank with you (not another Druid).

He is soloable by a Torpor Shaman, but I ate several deaths trying. I would recommend at minimum a duo with a Torpor Shaman, and ideally bringing another person also (or maybe more, if you don't have a slower).

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_demonman (Post 2941545)
Corrupted seafury you can just ping a farming necro and duo.

There are a lot less of these since the nerf :( You may need to bring someone (ideally a necro because fear kiting this guy makes him super easy).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloshed (Post 2941542)
Ulump need tank healer and dps. 4 or 5 tops.

There used to be a way an Enchanter could charm a nearby NPC (I think a Cabilis guard) and with that pet could solo Ulump. But I think I might have heard about that getting nerfed? Not sure (I did it the old fashioned way, with a raid).

Also, for the OP, I added the "Highlights (Difficult Parts)" section at the very top of the wiki page to basically answer this exact question:

Quote:

Lots of running/porting around foraging and getting corrupted versions of creatures to spawn
Must kill a variety of corrupted creatures, some of which (eg. Corrupted seafury cyclops or Corrupted Seahorse) are more difficult and can't be soloed
Must kill a black reaver (or buy a Jade Reaver)
Must kill Venril Sathir (the version spawned by Venril Sathirs remains), or buy a multi-quested Pulsing Green Stone
Must kill Faydedar (triggered version)
This thread has highlighted a few missing bits though (like Ulump), so I'll update the wiki.

bigjeff100 07-29-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2941547)
He summons. He might be soloable under truly optimal conditions (solo artists can do crazy things with reapers and sting wort potions and such), but under normal conditions he is definitely not soloable by a Druid, and I would strongly recommend bringing someone who can tank with you (not another Druid).

He is soloable by a Torpor Shaman, but I ate several deaths trying. I would recommend at minimum a duo with a Torpor Shaman, and ideally bringing another person also (or maybe more, if you don't have a slower).

There are a lot less of these since the nerf :( You may need to bring someone (ideally a necro because fear kiting this guy makes him super easy).

For sure! I didn't have the gear or the stones to just walk in there and solo charm kill him like some guides have suggested.. I assembled a full group and exp'd in there for my kill. It was a blast, probably the only significant time i spent in Kedge since being on P99.

honeybee12874 07-29-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloshed (Post 2941542)
It's really a easy quest so don't overthink it.

I wish it was in my nature not to overthink things lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2941547)
There used to be a way an Enchanter could charm a nearby NPC (I think a Cabilis guard) and with that pet could solo Ulump. But I think I might have heard about that getting nerfed? Not sure (I did it the old fashioned way, with a raid).

Does anyone have more information about this?? My boyfriend mains a 60 Enchanter and had suggested he do this exact thing to help me out. Is it possible?

Thanks so much for all the info so far guys! I know I can always count on ya! :D

loramin 07-29-2019 11:51 AM

I've updated the wiki with the following verbiage (feel free to post any corrections or, better yet, edit the page yourself: it's a wiki!)

Quote:

Highlights (Difficult Parts)
These sections of the quest are the most difficult parts. Unlike the rest of the quest, most of these parts will require assistance from others:
  • Lots of running/porting around foraging and getting corrupted versions of creatures to spawn (soloable)
  • Must kill a variety of corrupted creatures. Many are soloable, but not:
    • The Corrupted seafury cyclops summons and so is (nearly?) impossible for a Druid to solo. Bring a Necromancer friend, as he is easy to fear kite.
    • The Corrupted Seahorse summons and so is (nearly?) impossible for a Druid to solo. Bring (at least) a Torpor Shaman or small group.
    • The Corrupted Brownie summons and so is (nearly?) impossible for a Druid to solo. Bring someone who can tank.
  • Must kill a black reaver (or buy a Jade Reaver)
  • Must kill Venril Sathir (the version spawned by Venril Sathirs remains), which requires a small raid, or buy a multi-quested Pulsing Green Stone
  • Must kill Ulump Pujluk (requires a small group)
  • Must kill Faydedar (triggered version)

Crawdad 07-29-2019 12:07 PM

Everybody has given good info, so my only additions:

The waiting is the hardest part and goblins are incredibly annoying underwater. Harmony everything in the tower and pull the PH/tainted away, preferably so your backs against a wall. Be ready to spend ~12-24 hours camping him.

This is the only spirit I'd tell someone to buy a MQ for, as Kedge is a huge PITA and it's a big ask to get help for potentially 4-5 hours to spawn him. You can find the MQ for ~4k fairly often, or find a few friends for the hunt. I hear the hardest part is getting tainted to spawn.

Tainted is almost always up, ask a Necro sitting in line at AC for help. Trivial to fear kite at 55+, which you'll want to do as he summons.

The PH for tainted spawns at 0,0 and proceeds to wander. If you go northwest a little from 0,0 to the road nearby and wait, you will find him pathing. After you clear, sit at 0,0 and wait ~7mins for respawn. Summons and is trivial for a 55+ necro to solo.

Enchanters can solo this, but its easier/less stressful to find a tank+cleric+enchanter to help you. Ranger/SK/Pal/War and I bet even a Bard can tank him. Runs at 20%. Use Grik for your Ench's pet.

Go to the north-west area of EJ, on top of the plateau. Round up gorillas (both undead and alive) and quad them down. Keep clearing them until tainted pops, then pull it back towards FoB to root rot. Some people have bad luck getting him to spawn, but killing every gorilla I found it only took me ~1-2 hours to get a tainted.

There is a 30 second respawn for the barracuda near the dome, which you'll want as the corrupted is a very low % pop on tainted's death. Just kill PHs and tainted with ESVs. Repops will assist the corrupted.

The spawned version is slowable and only takes one group. 60 Tank+Cleric+Dps+Ench/Sham+You can kill him. I imagine some of the better geared players could duo/trio.