Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Best merchants to recharge items? (/forums/showthread.php?t=349205)

cmccorkle66 01-31-2020 01:52 PM

Best merchants to recharge items?

Any recommendations?

Fammaden 01-31-2020 02:17 PM

On blue I liked to use Rivervale, there's a vendor who walks around inside the hut near the water that was nearly always empty or close enough to it to buy him out easily.

Bigsham 01-31-2020 02:19 PM

Find a nice hut in kelethin like the jewel vendor or something

Polycaster 01-31-2020 02:28 PM

Mentioning a merchant in this thread will make it an incorrect answer.

Smellybuttface 01-31-2020 02:30 PM

It can be pretty much any merchant right, since you’re buying it back almost immediately?

Polycaster 01-31-2020 02:41 PM

There are 2 potential problems.
1. There has to be an empty slot for the item. Popular merchants get their slots filled quickly. If you sell an item to a merchant w/ no slots, it is gone.
2. Someone can come by and buy your item while you are selling the depleted items to be recharged. I seem to remember some drama about this on blue, where some people would lurk behind a guild going to recharge their items to scoop up a few.

Clumpoid 01-31-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polycaster (Post 3077647)
There are 2 potential problems.
1. There has to be an empty slot for the item. Popular merchants get their slots filled quickly. If you sell an item to a merchant w/ no slots, it is gone.
2. Someone can come by and buy your item while you are selling the depleted items to be recharged. I seem to remember some drama about this on blue, where some people would lurk behind a guild going to recharge their items to scoop up a few.

Oh man that sounds like fun

Wallicker 01-31-2020 05:01 PM

I like the merchants in OOT easily kill one on brother island, no one is bound there, no one can port there, so no shady fuckers. The merchant in runnyeye is good too bc you’ll be only person in zone. Think spots like barbarian fishing merchants in WK/EK/NRO are good hidden spots too. Just be quick and sometimes if it’s a very valuable recharge use a friend so you don’t have that 30sec delay

Tecmos Deception 01-31-2020 05:23 PM

I prefer Bubar, Shady, the merchant by the pond in overthere, etc. Nobody else ever recharges on those guys for some reason.

Danth 01-31-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polycaster (Post 3077647)

It's not necessarily gone (unless it's been changed very recently?). A bit over a year ago a guildmate mistakenly vendor'd a high-value item to one of the worst-possible merchants, one of Kelethin newbie merchants. A couple thousand platinum and much buying later the item was found and recovered.

Danth