Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Newbie Druid Gearing? (/forums/showthread.php?t=206551)

Alluura 08-13-2015 02:04 PM

Newbie Druid Gearing?

I tried searching for this topic, but only saw people asking how to gear their Druids with upwards of 2k pp to spend.

My 13 Druid is my second highest character, after my 15 Shaman (who is a continent away). I only have about 170 pp on my Druid which I've just been saving for spells, but was wondering if there's something decently cheap worth picking up at this level.

A kind soul gave me some awesome gear when I was naked at the lift, and I know I'll be using this for awhile:

Ear - Brass Earrings x2 - AC +2
Finger - (Nothing slotted)
Head - Crown of Leaves - AC +1, WIS +5
Face - Small Tattered Mask - AC +2
Neck - Chrysoberyl Talisman - AC +5, WIS +3, MANA +20
Hands - Split Paw Hide Gloves - AC +4, DEX +3, WIS +2
Wrist - Ivory Bracelet x2 - AGI +3, MANA +20
Arms - Raw-hide Sleeves - AC +4
Chest - Werewolf-hide Jerkin - AC +9, STR +3, AGI +3
Shoulders - Small Tattered Shoulderpads - AC +2
Back - Kunzar Cloak - AC +7, WIS +2, INT +2

Tl;dr Any relatively cheap lowbie Druid gear that's worth picking up, or do I have too little pp and should just save for spells?

Thanks!

Sorn 08-13-2015 02:27 PM

Good lowbie gear for budget druids!

Ear - Jasper Gold Earrings (+3 WIS) (player crafted, much more advanced skillwise but still sells pretty cheap)
Finger - Silver Jasper Ring x2 (+2 WIS) (player crafted, needs enchanter level 8 or up to enchant the silver bars)
Face - Reinforced Mask (player crafted, see your local tailor)
Arms - Reinforced Sleeves (player crafted, see your local tailor)
Shoulders - Prayer Cloth of Tunare (+3 WIS) (quest! For 18+, but all you need is the Bracers of Battle from an orc warlord and a way to safely give it to an elven priest in Crushbone)

The rest of the money should be saved for spells.

Alluura 08-13-2015 03:24 PM

Thanks Sorn! Very helpful :)

Would you suggest also going for a decent weapon, or is that not super useful on a Druid?

Sorn 08-13-2015 05:04 PM

Weapons honestly...they suck until you get into the high end gear, at least for 1HS which I use because scimitars are badass. I know plenty of druids who go around with a Testament of Vanear and Paw of Opolla in both hands, but that's at the higher end when you don't want to melee.

Runed Totem Staff is 2HB that is pretty good, you should be able to get that yourself by level 20ish. For 1HB you should be able to get a Jaggedpine Crook Staff REALLY easily at level 13, but you have to travel to Qeynos Hills. For 1HS, you can try to get your hands on an Obsidian Scimitar.

Combine versions of all weapons are available at most gypsy camps. They're magic but otherwise retain the same stats as regular versions.

Itap 08-13-2015 05:05 PM

Get a journeymans walking stick, cheap and effective. I clubbed the hell out of mobs with it during my low levels

Alluura 08-13-2015 05:30 PM

Sounds great. Anything I can get on my own that leaves some spare pp for spells is a win in my (spell) book. :)

Charlievox 08-14-2015 05:17 PM

My ranger is seriously thinking of making the move from Qeynos to Rivervale. He has already pretty much outgrown his Jaggedpine Crookstaff http://wiki.project1999.com/Jaggedpine_Crook
It is yours if you tell me where and when to meet you.

Alluura 08-15-2015 04:11 AM

That would be absolutely fantastic. :) I'm a Wood Elf so I'm in the BB / GFay area, but I can figure out my way to you if you'd rather meet somewhere easier for you to get to!

Charlievox 08-15-2015 04:45 AM

Well, I've made it to Freeport. You could take a boat ride and then gate home, I guess.
Just post here when you make it and we can arrange a meeting.

What is your Druid's name?

Alluura 08-15-2015 02:12 PM

I caught a boat to Freeport and I'm at the docks right now. My Druid's name is Tsagora. :)