Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   An idea too settle this whole skill level dispute thing (/forums/showthread.php?t=26139)

guineapig 01-24-2011 05:20 PM

An idea too settle this whole skill level dispute thing

So many people are complaining about zerging giant guilds, camping raid targets, questionable strategies (just to name a few), etc...

Do we really know how good the current raiding guilds are at this content? It’s impossible to tell any more. Some guilds are bloated with players but might be able to kill targets with far less while some guilds rarely get a chance to prove themselves because they refuse to mass recruit. Well how about this idea?

To start, this would be done on the test server (for obvious reasons) and raid loot will not transfer to the live p99 server.

Any guild that wants in on the contest can enter.
1 test for each of the following raid targets:

Vox
Naggy
Inny
CT
Spiroc Lord
(maybe) Dojorn

We pre-determine the amount of players that are allowed for each target. (Example: 3 groups for naggy, 4 groups for CT, or something like that).

Only the guild and a guide are present.
Guide records the entire fight.

Things to score on can include length of time to down target, number of deaths.

Video is posted online so that in addition to the raw numbers we can also see how clean each raid went down.

Nice controlled environment. No excuses, no belly aching.

To be determined what state the zones should be in. (Should giants be up and available to charm as pets?
How much of Fear should be up at the time of engagement? (Nobody wants to sit around watching a full fear clear.
Are the Bladestorms going to be up?
Do we include mini-bosses like Dracho and Maestro?
etc...

How do people feel about this?

Chanus 01-24-2011 05:30 PM

Why?

guineapig 01-24-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanus (Post 211358)
Why?

Same reason people feel the urge to PVP... competition.

And so that guilds can all have a chance to really show what they got.
Think of it as a raid tournament.

Ponden 01-24-2011 05:46 PM

In a "controlled" environment, you can literally do targets with very small numbers since there is no competition.

guineapig 01-24-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponden (Post 211377)
If people want to pvp for competition they can flag themselves.

If you want to raid with a limited number of raiders in a single environment: play a newer MMO with limitations.

So you're not the least bit curious how good the various guilds actually are at these targets?

Ponden 01-24-2011 05:52 PM

It shouldn't matter. All this would do is split up the current guilds and form other guilds which puts more poopsocking on the table. If you can only raid with say...24, well wtf do you do with the other 24 people in your guild? Tell them they can't play?

guineapig 01-24-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponden (Post 211385)
It shouldn't matter. All this would do is split up the current guilds and form other guilds which puts more poopsocking on the table. If you can only raid with say...24, well wtf do you do with the other 24 people in your guild? Tell them they can't play?

You didn't read my post, did you.

The idea was a tournament to be done on the test server and it would probably happen over the course of a few days/weeks.

What are you talking about poopsocking? These would be GM spawned raid mobs with no loot to keep.

Yeah, on a tournament you pick your team. Sorry if you have 100 people to pick from. Split them up so everyone gets to compete on at least 1 target. I'm sure your guild leader could figure out something fair.

baub 01-24-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponden (Post 211385)
If you can only raid with say...24, well wtf do you do with the other 24 people in your guild? Tell them they can't play?

It will make good practice on how to deal with members during VP :D

Ponden 01-24-2011 05:58 PM

I did read your post. I fully understand it, but I still don't know what to say to the other half of the guild. If you had a 24 man limit, you can bet that guilds would only use their 24 best players.

karsten 01-24-2011 06:04 PM

I came here to tell you, chicanery, that Pantheon just killed THREE BOSSES IN THREE HOURS