Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   How exactly is this classic? (/forums/showthread.php?t=386482)

RecondoJoe 06-14-2021 11:08 PM

How exactly is this classic?

I don't seem to ever recall Clerics using charm to solo entire zones, literally ever.

Charm was never this broken or overpowered and this person should honestly be banned from the game for using a multitude of bugs/exploits, but I'm sure you'll tell me this is how Clerics and Charm always were, and how you remember level 60 Clerics running around being Enchanters with complete heal and plate armor.

Baler 06-14-2021 11:14 PM

Please stop making threads in Rants and Flames.

Thank You

mycoolrausch 06-14-2021 11:15 PM

I agree, there's no way somebody has full Crazy Cleric Armor in-timeline on live.

RecondoJoe 06-14-2021 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycoolrausch (Post 3322104)
I agree, there's no way somebody has full Crazy Cleric Armor in-timeline on live.

The armor doesn’t change the fact that this person has charm as a cleric

mycoolrausch 06-14-2021 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecondoJoe (Post 3322106)
The armor doesn’t change the fact that this person has charm as a cleric

Probably easier on live with 10 insta clicks of allure instead of a cast time, and don't forget an extra ~4k of damage absorb with the bladestopper

RecondoJoe 06-14-2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycoolrausch (Post 3322109)
Probably easier on live with 10 insta clicks of allure instead of a cast time, and don't forget an extra ~4k of damage absorb with the bladestopper

Okay, this still isn’t classic....

Sonderbeast 06-14-2021 11:33 PM

Holy fuck Liia!!! nice job!

greenspectre 06-14-2021 11:34 PM

It was possible in classic at the time- player skill and overall game knowledge wasn't at the level that would have allowed for this, sure. But I don't see the point in complaining about what essentially boils down to "OMG people are actually using 20+ years of game knowledge of a timelocked classic server to do new things."

If you ask me, that video is the POINT of something like p99. What is the craziest thing you can do in-era with the maximum amount of tools at your disposal?

RecondoJoe 06-14-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenspectre (Post 3322118)
It was possible in classic at the time- player skill and overall game knowledge wasn't at the level that would have allowed for this, sure. But I don't see the point in complaining about what essentially boils down to "OMG people are actually using 20+ years of game knowledge of a timelocked classic server to do new things."

If you ask me, that video is the POINT of something like p99. What is the craziest thing you can do in-era with the maximum amount of tools at your disposal?

I mean if people want to cheat then they should go play on a private server

This literally ruins the game and makes enchanter feel like a pointless class

Like literally why would anyone play an enchanter when you can just play a cleric who can also heal, buff and Rez, wear plate armor etc. on top of being able to charm ?

Sonderbeast 06-14-2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecondoJoe (Post 3322128)
This literally ruins the game and makes enchanter feel like a pointless class?

I blew air out of my nostrils at this not quite a chuckle