Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Delete Off Topic forum (/forums/showthread.php?t=368806)

Videri 09-30-2020 12:37 AM

Delete Off Topic forum

Has anyone in this forum ever learned something from another poster's post?

Has anyone in this forum ever changed their mind because of what someone else said?

Has anyone in this forum ever admitted being wrong?

You all might as well not post here. It's just several immovable objects arguing with several other immovable objects. And no one believes your various tough-guy-IRL personas. Even the snark points you guys score on each other are washed away nearly instantly.

I'm disgusted when I click on New Posts and I see you guys playing in the mud. All of you should be permanently banned if you're not already. Just stay in your own delusional media bubbles and stop talking to each other. Or find another website to waste space on.

Domo 09-30-2020 12:41 AM

yes to all of your 3 questions.

I know that here are some hardcore Alex Jones clones around, but sometimes you able to have propper discusions going on here between 2 or more people.

Videri 09-30-2020 12:44 AM

Domo can stay. The rest of you begone

Welp, I find that shocking, especially coming from one who might be the only reasonable person in this subforum. In fact, I'll wager it was you learning something, you changing your mind, and you admitting being wrong, because none of these other wackjobs have the maturity to do so. Give it the axe, I say.

Khikik 09-30-2020 12:49 AM

I feel like this has been said before, but Off topic does not = IRL Rants and Flames

If you cannot post constructively without attacking others, trolling, or going full blown conspiracy theorist then I suggest you not post here at all.

https://i.imgur.com/uu9pmDP.gif

Woke Locc 09-30-2020 12:50 AM

I learned stuff from J(before kawaii and after), Tex, Dino, Throndor and some others.

Baler 09-30-2020 12:51 AM

Off Topic is Rants and Flames 2.0

Sirken didn't want to admit it after RnF got neutered following the daybreak agreement.

The solution as I've said before is enforcing a limit of 1 forum account per real life person.

Swish 09-30-2020 12:55 AM

If you don't like what's posted in this forum, don't click it knowing you'll be offended or knowing you don't like the content... and then complain.

I'd suggest subscribing to a subreddit that has content that you like reading.

Videri 09-30-2020 01:02 AM

I don't go here. I use the New Posts button. Unfortunately, it is sullied with posts from Off Topic. People should be able to use the New Posts button instead of manually navigating to specific subforums. Perhaps the New Posts function can be adjusted to exclude Off Topic.

I've already decided to click Green...Blue...R&F. It's too bad. I suspect poll results will show many people agree.

Furthermore, this post isn't even a complaint. It's a criticism of the most vocal participants in this subforum. My point isn't "I don't want to read Off Topic." My point is "Off Topic might as well not even exist because people aren't learning anything true or real." Off Topic is basically conspiracy theory roundup.

Jibartik 09-30-2020 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 3188304)
I don't go here. I use the New Posts button. Unfortunately..

.. I as well use this feature that I just discovered and has gotten me here way to many times. :o

I think I read of a ritual killing these forum posters got together to attempt to perform or something in one of these OT threads after discovering it.

Baler 09-30-2020 01:13 AM

Videri you can exclude Off Topic and view new posts with this.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...new&exclude=19

If you also want to exclude RnF
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&exclude=19,30

Make it a Bookmark for after you login :)

Doing this is somewhat new to me as well.