Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   5 days (/forums/showthread.php?t=332277)

compulsion 08-21-2019 01:35 AM

5 days

WoW classic releasing in 5 days. Over 400,000 accounts already set up on the new servers and more incoming.

Just curious if any old guilds are rolling classic.

fan D 08-21-2019 07:38 AM

everyones playing herod alliance

incase i dont like you, jk haha not sure which server

Phaezed-Reality 08-21-2019 12:32 PM

all of the emu's are going to herod.

Duvain 08-21-2019 12:43 PM

I'm playing on Herod, was gonna go horde though

Tassador 08-21-2019 05:51 PM

So glad I didn’t get into wow. They should do a war 2 server or war 1. Fuck your ass elementals

Clazxiss 08-22-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut5 (Post 2950504)
You can play classic wow on many private servers and get same experience and not be on a server infested with career gamers and unemployeds. I am on VG

You don't follow the drama that goes on with private servers, do you? Even P99 has had its fill of corrupt GMs, players, and exploited mechanics.

The only way these shenanigans are avoided is on an official server. There, we're guaranteed policing and fairness for a PvP oriented game.

Clazxiss 08-22-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut5 (Post 2950949)
PVP Happens in a battleground ( an instance ) and never over world raid content. Wow is not a pvp oriented game at all until TBC When the arena came out, and again it is instanced.

World pvp is just bind rushing griefing and i will hard pass on waiting in line to complete my troll cave quest.

All private servers have staff problems, because only children want to be staff on said servers, yes retail servers have better staff but thats because your paying.

Either way, classic offers nothing new at all that a private classic server does not.

Enjoy your 1x exp

I read what you typed and can tell you're very defensive about this. WoW was PvP oriented from day 1. The objectives changed as Blizzard added more content. I certainly remember fighting horde players for farming nodes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut5 (Post 2950949)
All private servers have staff problems, because only children want to be staff on said servers

That is the most telling part. Do you really want to be on a server where pixel boobs will earn favor with that server's "equivalent" of Sirken? And do you want to share that same space with script kiddies using speed hacks? Up to you. I don't and that's why I'll never touch a private WoW server.

compulsion 08-22-2019 10:44 PM

You guys on Herod miss the blue posts warning of server locks on Herod, Faerlina, and Whitemane and/or 10k player queues? I've made characters on Stalagg and Skeram while I wait to see how much the population shifts at release and where different groups of old friends end up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut5 (Post 2950504)
You can play classic wow on many private servers and get same experience and not be on a server infested with career gamers and unemployeds. I am on VG

Irony? Private boxes are made for unemployable mace questers. $15 a month and limited RMT should keep more than half of this server from participating. Elderan better get out that checkbook if he wants friends(again).

Imago 08-23-2019 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compulsion (Post 2951058)
You guys on Herod miss the blue posts warning of server locks on Herod, Faerlina, and Whitemane and/or 10k player queues? I've made characters on Stalagg and Skeram while I wait to see how much the population shifts at release and where different groups of old friends end up.

See you on Skeram with the rest of Apex and R99. For the Horde!

hatelore 08-25-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tassador (Post 2950474)
So glad I didn’t get into wow. They should do a war 2 server or war 1. Fuck your ass elementals

Played war2 classic on Kali with a 32k reg. Come at me bruh~ Loved that fuckin game back in the day.