Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How satisfied are you with your cahrecter (/forums/showthread.php?t=334001)

pokeyloams 09-16-2019 07:48 PM

How satisfied are you with your cahrecter

With Green on the horizon many of use are looking to start anew. What classes have you invested time into, 55+ and how happy are you with them.

Whatever is important to you and makes you like your class I'd love to hear about. Is it the most fun to play, do groups always want you, you like gearing up bit by bit via end game raids, or maybe you just love the feel of your character.

So why do you love, or loathe your main toons.

Videri 09-19-2019 03:16 AM

I mained bard, then cleric, then bard again on Red99. I always loved both characters. It was fun to dote on my cleric and make sure she had the best gear I could get her so she would be a CH chain beast. As both classes, I felt valued in groups, and I felt needed by my guild for raids and other activities. Guildmates were supportive of me receiving loot in both cases.

I especially loved pulling on my bard. I would be firing on all cylinders, using every song and tactic I had learned to ensure a consistent and timely flow of mobs into the maw of the DPS machine.

I also remember my whole guild depending on me to pull certain outdoor dragons without dying: Talendor in Skyfire, Faydedar in Timorous Deep, maybe Severilous. It was an enjoyable kind of pressure: everyone wanting me to succeed, cheering me on, salivating over the loot I was bringing their way. Reflecting on this and similar experiences, I guess being a valued part of a team is one facet of the gem that is EverQuest.

Jimjam 09-19-2019 03:24 AM

Total eclipse.

zodium 09-19-2019 04:05 AM

I've been playing Gatmanno my druid pirate almost continuously since I started P99. almost three years in I have one alt that isn't just adventuring infrastructure for him to use, and most of the time I play her I'm wishing I was playing Gatmanno instead.

druid is a very creatively and socially demanding class. they're designed as a "jack of all trades" class, but effectively scale to "sufficiently good at all trades," and their gearing choice between a support druid emphasizing mana versus a charm druid emphasizing tank is probably the most dramatic in everquest. so is their power ceiling. your average joe druid is basically a port-and-potg bot, scaling up with appropriate gear and tactics to where a druid can solo the entire Kael arena or out-dps a rogue while performing multiple other roles. it's hard not to fall in love with that kind of raw potential.

as a druid you need little to nothing while people constantly need things from you. small and big. you also have incredible quality of life. get bored, or everything is camped? port somewhere else. group need a rep? pick them up. poor? money rains like manna from the heavens relative to your level and power almost immediately: selling ports, binding in camp and porting to vendor, powerleveling.

the main downside is really that seven years of Kunark, an expansion where druids objectively suck relatively large amounts of ass, has created an attitude that druids just suck relatively large amounts of ass in general that you need to overcome on a personal reputation basis. which isn't really that hard since velious druids are objectively very powerful, but it's somewhat demotivating at first and an obstacle all the same.

aaezil 09-19-2019 04:26 AM

Theres no bad classes just bad players ;)

Chortles Snort|eS 09-19-2019 07:08 AM

ME wiZ iNAnOtHer LiVe! NeVaR aGin!!!
EiTher Me SiCk or LuV SK on EMU
GrEen B 5 tIMe TRy SmASh!!! No kNo Y luV muCh??! FuN??!

Evia 09-19-2019 08:30 AM

I love my rogue!! So much so I have even contemplated leveling him again on green. I like the straight forward and simplicity of it, the utility in corpse dragging and dungeon exploration, and being considered best dps and wanted from groups is just icing on the cake. Its also nice when some punk is being a dick at hill giants and I lighten the coin from the giants hes fighting without him ever knowing any better...

One of my favorite things to do with my rogue is sneak/hide down into dungeons exploring and taking screenshots. Finding names and putting on my fungi and locustlure and trying to solo em down. I like the rpg feel, look and role of a rogue/thief/assassin and would highly recommend the class to anyone looking for little responsibility in groups and raids, while bringing high value in damage dealing to the table.

Sunderfury 09-19-2019 09:22 AM

People 'love' their melee because of easy to obtain epics (monk / rogue at least), cheap good ratio weapons, haste items, and fungi's galore. Gonna love seeing 8/35 weapons taking out mobs with no worn haste / regen.

Krone90 09-19-2019 09:25 AM

ENCHANTER !!!!!!!

fadetree 09-19-2019 09:37 AM

For extra melee masochism points, roll a hybrid melee! You'll really feel the love of original everquest then.