Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Unofficial Green Speculation Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=333755)

Lojik 09-13-2019 01:43 PM

Unofficial Green Speculation Thread

So we finally got the big announcement! Green is coming (Blue 2.0.) in late October, legacy items with lists, accurate timeline and patch updates, and reintegration into blue at the end.

The goal of this thread is to have a centralized place for people to ask questions and potentially get speculative answers from other members of the community (maybe a guide or dev if they feel like it?)

Here's my questions: Which zones are we likely to see as their super classic version upon release? For example will we get paineel? Or will we only a necro hut in tox forest? How about the first released version of splitpaw?

Jibartik 09-13-2019 02:22 PM

It will be discord permadeath server.

Atmas 09-13-2019 02:23 PM

I'm probably not playing Green but I wonder:

If people can create duplicate names on Green because they have the account with that name on blue what happens when the servers are merged? Also what happens if someone filled all the character slots on blue and the servers merged?

If the Sleeper is never awoken on Green what happens when Green is merged into Blue?

Cen 09-13-2019 02:24 PM

The price of a manastone on blue just went below a Stein of moggok lol

Crede 09-13-2019 02:27 PM

Blue gonna be so lame after the merger just dark elves running around everywhere. Reminds me of the illusion campsites on live where your whole group was a DE if you wanted it. Wish they’d nerf these novelty items from day 1. Or give a limited timeline with no csr support and watch the neckbeards go nuts over it.

Jibartik 09-13-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede (Post 2960228)
Blue gonna be so lame after the merger just dark elves running around everywhere.

That's like saying that currently everyone is running around with a hologresh elder eye pet following them around right now.

Canelek 09-13-2019 02:30 PM

Love the list idea.

For the timeline, I am curious if exploits (duping, pathing exploits, etc.) are patched out at the beginning, or if it'll be a cheating shitshow until said patches arrive.

Cen 09-13-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede (Post 2960228)
Blue gonna be so lame after the merger just dark elves running around everywhere. Reminds me of the illusion campsites on live where your whole group was a DE if you wanted it. Wish they’d nerf these novelty items from day 1. Or give a limited timeline with no csr support and watch the neckbeards go nuts over it.

I always hoped that Dark elves would rule the world. Now they can. Now *we* can. :)

Canelek 09-13-2019 02:35 PM

And regarding lists, will it be like scout roll, where character level is irrelevant? It would suck to have a list hundreds deep of level 1 characters that simply have to be ushered in via invis/IVU/etc and loot a mob that is getting killed by other people on the list out of reflex.

I'm sure the project team has considered this and has a plan. 10 years of live experiment have exposed what some people will do to be Daddy Elfbux. :)

Daldaen 09-13-2019 02:48 PM

I’m wondering if they are going to go classic experience and nerf SoulFire/Reaper of the dead to be only Paladin/SK clickable on Green. The way P99 has used them for the past 9 years is probably more destructive than Ivandyr’s Hoops.