Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Looking to make a fresh Character with a buddy (/forums/showthread.php?t=413674)

ddemers 01-16-2023 12:16 PM

Looking to make a fresh Character with a buddy

What server should we be looking at? I have a toon on Blue (haven't played in sometime).

Will likely be mainly duoing content, but groups are always ideal. Is there a particular server that is better suited for new toons?

Also dont remember what the teal server was for, I remember blue/red and hearing that green was starting.

Toxigen 01-16-2023 12:20 PM

If you guys are doing a strict static duo I'd go Blue.

If you think your buddy may lose interest and you want to group, probably Green.

What duo are you guys starting with? I recommend both Iksar (do shaman + monk or necro)...the FoB --> Kurns is such a great starting zone / path.

ddemers 01-16-2023 12:25 PM

We were thinking shaman/monk, I've played an isk monk in the past and really enjoyed it, however we were also compilating going with new races so we could experience something new.

Right now on the fence.. should we go with Iskar because its better or should we go with another race just to get a new experience.

Tirano 01-16-2023 02:22 PM

Even if you choose the same race you can just level in different zones than what you've done before. Ultimately, pick w/e class/race combo keeps you the most interested. Only you two can answer what kind of experience you're looking to have.

If you're interested in a casual guild where you can come and go as you please, consider joining The Drift. We've had several duo who have joined us and leveled up. Once they go to their 50s they joined raids and were able to get some items.

Jobaber 01-16-2023 02:40 PM

A human monk who is above the drama so he befriends a friendly ogre who doesn't want to eat people sounds like a cute EQ Milo and Otis story.

https://i.imgur.com/tibgQBm.png

Toxigen 01-16-2023 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddemers (Post 3557845)
We were thinking shaman/monk, I've played an isk monk in the past and really enjoyed it, however we were also compilating going with new races so we could experience something new.

Right now on the fence.. should we go with Iskar because its better or should we go with another race just to get a new experience.

I'd go Iksar for both. Same starting zone, same leveling speed (exp penalty for master race), both top tier choices for those classes (regen).

Iksar Shaman can't use JBB, but since you'll be duo with a monk it won't matter. Ultimate end game fashion, too (robe).

Can do Field of Bone --> Kurns --> Dalnir --> Kaesora --> City of Mist and you'll never be too far from home...plus SoW with the shaman makes for fast trips back and forth for selling / restocking.

Sweagen 01-16-2023 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobaber (Post 3557905)
A human monk who is above the drama so he befriends a friendly ogre who doesn't want to eat people sounds like a cute EQ Milo and Otis story.

https://i.imgur.com/tibgQBm.png

Tbh I love good-evil race friendships… so wholesome

ddemers 01-24-2023 05:32 PM

Looks like my friend backed out very early lol.

I ended up just rolling an enchanter and will try to get to post 50. I played an enchanter on live to level 40 or so and had a blast then

Encroaching Death 01-24-2023 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddemers (Post 3562027)
Looks like my friend backed out very early lol.

I ended up just rolling an enchanter and will try to get to post 50. I played an enchanter on live to level 40 or so and had a blast then

Goddammit, Jim!

Is his name Jim?

Fuckin Jim, man....always flaking out

Trelaboon 01-25-2023 10:55 PM

I just started my first character on green. Only 13 atm!