Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Any Race + Any Class, what would you try out? (/forums/showthread.php?t=414575)

Cen 02-01-2023 08:53 PM

Any Race + Any Class, what would you try out?

This topics been done before, but i'm doing it again :p

There's going to be a lot of Ogres, Iksar's, Halflings and Trolls to be sure, but maybe you've thought of something cool.

If it could be done, what combo would you think would be pretty cool?

Ogre's would make fantastic Paladins i'd think, and Iksar's are dominating the casters, but maybe ogres would too.

Maybe I could spice up the rules by making the equipment draw not change, but I won't. Just pretend the equipment were reasonably distributed to some extent if the combo would be available.

Gustoo 02-01-2023 09:51 PM

You mean of the non allowable race/class combos?

I'm not gunna participate.

Cool racial ability + any class that makes that class / race combo the best one in the game.

Ogre anything
Troll anything
Iksar Anything
Barbarian anything

In that order

The only class / race combo that should never have happened is the Iksar Monk and all the changes to the monk class Kunark brought. But they had to make something OP and super kick ass. I remember people who were monks on vanilla and then kunark comes out and every day there is a new kick ass monk thing they discover, they were so excitied.

aussenseiter 02-01-2023 09:58 PM

High elf warrior.

WoW made a whole expansion about allowing those.

AbstractVision 02-01-2023 10:15 PM

Gnome Beastlord

Tunabros 02-01-2023 10:16 PM

human shaman

AxeGrinder 02-01-2023 10:33 PM

Butt kicker..

for people weaving stories

ya.dingus 02-01-2023 10:42 PM

Human anything (except shaman)

Anime is cringe by the by

Cen 02-02-2023 12:05 AM

I like Humans for Paladins and Rogues ;D

Ananka 02-02-2023 01:40 AM

Halfling Shaman.

yorumi 02-02-2023 12:42 PM

The problem is as mentioned from a gameplay perspective Ogre, Troll, Iksar, and Barbarian got all the important racials. Is a wood elf paladin really any more interesting than a high elf paladin? Slightly different stats and appearance and that's it.

So really you kind of have to look to roleplay to make interesting combos.

Dark Elf Paladin who worships Erollisi. This order of exile dark elves rejected Innoruuk and learned to love. A bit cheesy but would be interesting.

High Elf Shadow Knight worshiping Bertoxxulous. They feel rejected by their kin and seek to corrupt and defile everything they love.

Iksar Ranger worshiping Mithaniel Marr. Rejecting fear in favor of valor he learned to survive in the wild on his own.

Dwarf Druid worshiping Prexus. Weary of dark tunnels and skyless cities he sought out the most open and free realm he could find, the oceans and seas.

Those all mostly focus on contrast but I'm sure there's plenty of complementary combos that would work too.