Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Been gone for 8 years (/forums/showthread.php?t=414811)

Feralspec 02-06-2023 08:14 PM

Been gone for 8 years

When I was last playing I'm pretty sure I died on my 50 shaman and never recovered the corpse. Is it possible to get it back?

loramin 02-06-2023 08:36 PM

Not sure, but I'd use the petition forum to find out.

Feralspec 02-06-2023 08:46 PM

Did that. Thank you

AbstractVision 02-06-2023 10:17 PM

You can petition in game for this also, I had a similar situation and the gm/guide got back to me in like an hour and summoned the corpse to EC for me.

Trelaboon 02-07-2023 11:01 AM

Yea, just petition in game and they’ll drop your corpse in EC near the WFP zone line

Toxigen 02-08-2023 11:27 AM

welcome back! find yourself a monk duo and get back into the flow

WizardEQ 02-15-2023 10:15 AM

Bro

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feralspec (Post 3569183)
When I was last playing I'm pretty sure I died on my 50 shaman and never recovered the corpse. Is it possible to get it back?

Reroll, make new friends, and level up. In the time you are waiting for resolve, you'll be back to 50 in no time!

WizardEQ 02-15-2023 10:26 AM

Bro

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feralspec (Post 3569183)

Reroll, make new friends, and level up. In the time you are waiting for resolve, you'll be back to 50 in no time!

Vivitron 02-15-2023 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WizardEQ (Post 3574098)

I have no idea if they keep data for corpses as old as ops, but corpse summons are usually much quicker than item restores. Petition in game and check for the corpse in the ec noobie yard the next day.

WizardEQ 02-15-2023 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivitron (Post 3574134)
I have no idea if they keep data for corpses as old as ops, but corpse summons are usually much quicker than item restores. Petition in game and check for the corpse in the ec noobie yard the next day.

Years back, I was on my lvl 59 wiz and was in a crypt group in Seb and EQ crashed. It was significant (I don't know the extent of the coding but Rogean was clamoring). For some unknown reason once we got back on, I had a naked corpse. Like, FULLY stripped, gear and all my FULL bags. As a grandmaster of all trades, I even carried rare mats like Yew Leaves and Terrorantula Swatches. Stuff that took me forever to farm (many many months). Everyone else was fine once they got back their corpses. I was perplexed and freaking out.

So of course I petitioned. I had to wait a week before Sirken (of all people) got back to me. He told me I had to remember exactly EVERYTHING that was on my toon, down to the last flask of water. Again, I was freaking out because I spent YEARS building this toon up to exactly what I wanted. So I compiled the list and waited...and waited...and waited. I must have petitioned 50 times, until I heard back and was told it would take weeks to get it all back. And for something I literally did not do.

I think after a month it was resolved, but in that time I could have leveled up another toon to 50 (and I think I did on my enchanter and cleric).