Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Fusion Energy (/forums/showthread.php?t=412161)

Smoofers 12-14-2022 12:49 PM

Fusion Energy

Middle east cucks on suicide watch.

Hope those sovereign wealth funds are enough to sustain you after your only card is played out.

Skarne 12-14-2022 12:56 PM

sir this is a wendy's

Reiwa 12-14-2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarne (Post 3544090)
sir this is a wendy's

Can I get a double order of submissive and breedable tritium?

Lune 12-14-2022 01:14 PM

This is not the proof of concept for fusion power that ad-farmer articles are saying it is. Fusion power, if it's even possible with technology we can imagine, is probably more than 60 years away, barring the creation of sentient artificial intelligence.

The fusion reaction produced more energy than the 2mJ laser input, but the lasers drew over 200 mJ from the grid to get that input. Fusion in a star happens under incredible pressure and temperature, located at the bottom of an enormous gravity well. The immense gravity of the sun is holding the hydrogen together very densely in a way that facilitates fusion, which is extremely difficult to even partly replicate on Earth.

Seconded about the middle east cucks though.

Botten 12-14-2022 01:14 PM

-If by steam, we lose energy on the way we transfer it to usable power.
-How are we containing the plasma. At least with the Tokamak reactor an AI has made great strides controlling the magnet shielding needed.
-All we have is a means of ignition at this point (still big)
-50% of the nation doesn't like to progress and will continue to love their gas guzzlers.

Realistically ... maybe 20 to 30 years before the reactor is running.

but through the power of media we could probably hype it up enough to get the Middle East to freak out one way or the other.

a. Either sell us the oil we want cheaper or we will go harder into researching fusion for our vehicles and to keep the EU warm for coming years. I am sure Japan is sick of nuclear reactors too.

b. Or freak out and by up all the research in it now, slow the progress and manipulate all you can to get top dollar for the oil they are selling now

I just hope we continue to buy Venezuela oil in the mean time to refine.
I see China has a glut of oil from Russia they are now reselling too.

Smoofers 12-14-2022 01:44 PM

Decades of remaining R&D time is assuming current levels of funding and interest, as well as rate of technological advancement (which is very nonlinear). This may turn into a new arms race.

Jibartik 12-14-2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarne (Post 3544090)
sir this is a wendy's

This is one fucked up wendy's.

Jibartik 12-14-2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Botten (Post 3544095)
I just hope we continue to buy Venezuela oil in the mean time to refine.
I see China has a glut of oil from Russia they are now reselling too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig...dential_crisis

We destablize venezuela and now you want to go in and buy up all their oil?

This is the modern democrat now?

Sure hope someone destroys america sooner or later.

Lune 12-14-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoofers (Post 3544111)
Decades of remaining R&D time is assuming current levels of funding and interest, as well as rate of technological advancement (which is very nonlinear). This may turn into a new arms race.

True

magnetaress 12-14-2022 02:30 PM

Fake news.

Still betting on the Japs to do their fancy fusion/hydrogen cracking thing. Especially for heavy industrial. Not automobiles tho.