Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Qeynos area tips & tricks? (newbie lvl stuff) (/forums/showthread.php?t=414764)

pink grapefruit 02-05-2023 09:10 PM

Qeynos area tips & tricks? (newbie lvl stuff)

It's funny, but I've never leveled on this side of the world before. Faydark will always home, and I always sorta but not really always get lost just trying to find the bank in Qeynos. And never once have I leveled in Blackburrow; it seems so big compared to Crushbone.

What items should a good-aligned citizen of Qeynos not be selling, or actively looking for? What quests are good here? I always collect bone chips but also always end up selling them to random merchants. People say you can sell them to necro PCs but I feel like they mostly just AE shit down in undead zones instead of buying from players in gfay. I don't think I have ever once sold a single stack of bone chips to a real person.

Anyway. That's my thread!

Old_PVP 02-05-2023 11:13 PM

Gnoll fangs in Blackburrow. Rabid animal hides in Q hills. Bandit Sashes in the Karanas. All are good newbie quests for that starter plat / exp. As far as bone chips, they will always be a good newbie investment, since they never lose their value. You sell a bone chip to a merchant for 1s 5c... you can buy a bone chip from the merchant for 1s 5c. One stack goes for 3gold from a merchant... which could be flipped to players for at least 1000% profit. Or turned into Kaladim for profit as well. Small gains, but still gains for the new player.

loramin 02-06-2023 01:23 AM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Qeynos_Starting_Guide has a lot of good info.

Rader 02-06-2023 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink grapefruit (Post 3568735)
It's funny, but I've never leveled on this side of the world before. Faydark will always home, and I always sorta but not really always get lost just trying to find the bank in Qeynos. And never once have I leveled in Blackburrow; it seems so big compared to Crushbone.

What items should a good-aligned citizen of Qeynos not be selling, or actively looking for? What quests are good here? I always collect bone chips but also always end up selling them to random merchants. People say you can sell them to necro PCs but I feel like they mostly just AE shit down in undead zones instead of buying from players in gfay. I don't think I have ever once sold a single stack of bone chips to a real person.

Anyway. That's my thread!

Qeynos and western Antonica in general, best noobie quests hands down. Tons of quests, some already mentioned, lots of resources out there to get all the details. But its a tradeoff, definitely if you are playing a social game a lot to be said for being around the Commonlands. And the port ring options are the worst.

Jimjam 02-06-2023 05:20 AM

Trade bone chips for raw hide armour in erudin. Trade kobold molars for ringmail in erudin or paineel.

Deliver mail from surefall or erudin when passing through those areas.

Check out the sewers - about 2 dozen hp worth of loot to be found!

Bank a Trumpy head - if you later go to butcherblock you can trade it for a 13/51 10mr greathammer.

When moving between west karana and halas do lion meat deliveries.

Raise factions without loss by rescuing Faren’s baitbox and turning in the tunic he gives you to Ton, the smithy by the bank (I got a baby half elf druid on to friendly terms with the plague shadow knights with this quest!)

pink grapefruit 02-06-2023 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3568862)
Trade bone chips for raw hide armour in erudin. Trade kobold molars for ringmail in erudin or paineel.

Deliver mail from surefall or erudin when passing through those areas.

Check out the sewers - about 2 dozen hp worth of loot to be found!

Bank a Trumpy head - if you later go to butcherblock you can trade it for a 13/51 10mr greathammer.

When moving between west karana and halas do lion meat deliveries.

Raise factions without loss by rescuing Faren’s baitbox and turning in the tunic he gives you to Ton, the smithy by the bank (I got a baby half elf druid on to friendly terms with the plague shadow knights with this quest!)

are the sewers safe for goody two-shoes types? ~2 dozen hp at these levels is incredible! being on friendly terms with plague worshippers seems gross, honestly. i'm kos for a reason and would like to keep it that way!

Jimjam 02-06-2023 04:40 PM

Its not entirely safe a dread corpse can spawn outside the rogue guild entrance.

cd288 02-06-2023 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3569092)
Its not entirely safe a dread corpse can spawn outside the rogue guild entrance.

Plus I think depending on race class deity you will be kos to guild npcs down there too