Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pal VS SK end game (/forums/showthread.php?t=402115)

Beinen 04-26-2022 07:49 AM

Pal VS SK end game

Good morning,

I was curious what are the differences in manner of play style at the end game for these two classes. I know paladins can heal buff and rez. SK can snare, self heal, FD. What are their roles in raids and how is playing them different? Does one have a greater need than the other? Is one easier to gear? Does one solo better? Anything else I don't know i don't know?

Thank you!

PatChapp 04-26-2022 08:02 AM

They off tank and wrangle pets on raids, no great distinction between them in that regard.
Play what you think you'll enjoy

Beinen 04-26-2022 08:31 AM

Precisely what I’m looking to do. Trying to size up which I’d enjoy more. Do either of them off-tank better than the other?

remen 04-26-2022 08:50 AM

His advice is horribly wrong. When it comes to raids, SK are considered basically useless whereas paladins are crucial for two key reasons.

1) Soulfires = 5 charge instant click complete heal. Key in raid situations for obvious reasons that an instant click CH has value

2) Divine Strength = 200hp buff that stacks with all other buffs. Every tank on a raid loves a paladin, and sometimes that extra 200hp is the difference between a CH landing and your MT dying

bricke75 04-26-2022 08:51 AM

I prefer SK because with invis to undead, invis and FD, you can pretty much get to anywhere in the game solo.

If you are looking to raid tank, go PAL. If you want more solo ability, go SK.

remen 04-26-2022 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beinen (Post 3451220)
Good morning,

I was curious what are the differences in manner of play style at the end game for these two classes. I know paladins can heal buff and rez. SK can snare, self heal, FD. What are their roles in raids and how is playing them different? Does one have a greater need than the other? Is one easier to gear? Does one solo better? Anything else I don't know i don't know?

Thank you!

As for gearing, they are basically equal, very few items are only useable by one class. For soloing leveling, the play styles are very different. Shadow Knight will do a lot more fear kiting with snare, or go toe-to-toe with Lifetaps (less efficient). FD provides nice utility of course and can suit a player that likes that safety net.

Paladin will solo toe to toe and excel vs. casters by using stuns and against undead. They can break camps with calm spells and CC with roots. Self heals are nice, and if you can get Deepwater helm or Deepwater breastplate, those provide significant manna free heels and change the way you can solo efficiently.

I soloed both classes to 60 and personally found the Paladin to be more fun. Both can be enjoyable however, so think about what style and toolkit appeals the most to you!

remen 04-26-2022 09:12 AM

Oh, one last thing I would say for raids, Shadow Knight life taps do not land on raid bosses, where as Paladin self heals and group heals will always be helpful when you are fighting mobs that AOE

Beinen 04-26-2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remen (Post 3451238)
As for gearing, they are basically equal, very few items are only useable by one class. For soloing leveling, the play styles are very different. Shadow Knight will do a lot more fear kiting with snare, or go toe-to-toe with Lifetaps (less efficient). FD provides nice utility of course and can suit a player that likes that safety net.

Paladin will solo toe to toe and excel vs. casters by using stuns and against undead. They can break camps with calm spells and CC with roots. Self heals are nice, and if you can get Deepwater helm or Deepwater breastplate, those provide significant manna free heels and change the way you can solo efficiently.

I soloed both classes to 60 and personally found the Paladin to be more fun. Both can be enjoyable however, so think about what style and toolkit appeals the most to you!

I appreciate this insight.

Beinen 04-26-2022 09:16 AM

Thank you everyone for their input. I personally enjoy both play styles but only have time for one. I appreciate your time.

Allishia 04-26-2022 09:31 AM

Paladin /nod.

Divine strength please when you hit 60 :)