Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Addons to see effects on enemies & better health/mana bars? (/forums/showthread.php?t=408457)

Ohris 09-25-2022 03:31 AM

Addons to see effects on enemies & better health/mana bars?

Hi,

just started the game a few days ago and I am not sure which addons are allowed and which are not.

I just wish I would see what spells for example are on an enemy and when they run out. Is there an addon for this and can it be used in Project 1999? Also duration would be nice on all spell effects even the ones on me.

Also an addon where I would see my own health/mana,stamina in digits or atleast percentage would be grande.

Those two are the main ones I have been wishing for... do those exist and can they be used? (where to find them?)

Any other very useful addon suggestions also apreciated.

Thank you.

Varren 09-26-2022 03:11 PM

Hello,

You won’t be able to see effects on NPCs with any UI, although you can set up a program called GINA to display timers on spells you cast as an overlay.

As for your own stats, you can load skins that display more detail. I use QQUI and it works well for me, although takes some time to lay things out the way you like them. Google “qqui project1999” and you’ll stir it up. Another popular skin is Duxa

Good luck

Encroaching Death 09-26-2022 03:18 PM

I definitely recommend Duxa UI.

It's a clean UI, designed to be a real quality of life improvement.

I've been playing for years and only started using Duxa UI for the last month or so and wow...how was I living without this UI. It's great.

Especially if you're a caster. It makes using clicky items much easier, clearly shows your HP and MP, as well as other stats.

It's just great all around.

spoil 09-27-2022 03:31 AM

The only addons that are allowed are log readers that take information from your chat box and let you customize how it's displayed through text, timers or audio alerts. So for example when you use the mesmerization spell you get a chat message "soandso was mesmerized" and you can create a custom trigger that will display a timer with the mob name and a 24-second countdown. Then when you get the message "your mesmerization spell has worn off" you can display MEZ BREAK anywhere on your screen so you don't miss it, or set up an audio alert. There's a lot you can do with log readers, but they do have their limitations.

For a new player I would definitely suggest nparse, it doesn't take anything to set up and also comes with a minimap that updates your position when you use the /loc command. Gina is much more customizable but takes a while to figure out and then set up to your liking.

Ohris 09-28-2022 05:11 AM

Thanks for the info... my brother tried installing the Duxa UI once but it messed up his installation of the game and did not work. So kind of gave up on it there.

Is there some guide to installing Duxa Ui for Project 1999?

mcbizzler 09-28-2022 10:21 AM

Stupid question, and I think the answer is no, but does anyone know if it's possible to have GINA overlay an image?

jolanar 09-29-2022 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbizzler (Post 3511065)
Stupid question, and I think the answer is no, but does anyone know if it's possible to have GINA overlay an image?

GINA requires something to read in text. You might be able to figure out a way to show pet health, but as far as I know there is no command to display your own health in the chat window.

mcbizzler 09-29-2022 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolanar (Post 3511697)
GINA requires something to read in text. You might be able to figure out a way to show pet health, but as far as I know there is no command to display your own health in the chat window.

Not exactly what I meant, I know how to program triggers in GINA, more along the lines of something like this:

/say boo
You say "boo"
<Script reads "You say "boo"" and projects an image(.jpg, .bmp, etc) on the screen in a designated location>

It's reading a trigger, I was just curious if you could only use the bars as counters or maybe add a custom background to it.

spoil 10-03-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohris (Post 3511016)
Thanks for the info... my brother tried installing the Duxa UI once but it messed up his installation of the game and did not work. So kind of gave up on it there.

Is there some guide to installing Duxa Ui for Project 1999?

You can download from here: https://p99.yourfirefly.com/

Just extract it to your Sony > Everquest > uifiles folder. Then in game type /load and duxa should appear in that list.