Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Law to protect white people from "discomfort" (/forums/showthread.php?t=398285)

Gravydoo II 01-23-2022 07:38 PM

Law to protect white people from "discomfort"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida...eory-desantis/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...ism-discomfort

Dude literally made a law for white peoples feelings. Gotta protect the snow flake racists from feeling "guilt" about being a racist. The only ones who would feel guilty are the ones who did racist shit, right?

Hilarious. The party of feelings strikes again. "You're not allowed to talk about how racist america is because it makes white people uncomfortable" because republicans are all about free speech. LOL

Ooloo 01-23-2022 08:06 PM

I do think it is important to protect any specific racial or ethnic group from being targeted or belittled collectively for their immutable racial or ethnic group identity.

Why do you disagree? Are you racist?

unsunghero 01-23-2022 08:20 PM

Not a fan of restricting speech but to some degree this already exists at businesses in all states as discrimination and harassment laws

No one is going to get away saying something like “well Michael’s a good dude, but he should be embarrassed and ashamed to be black. I know I would be”. You would be hella-fired

Ooloo 01-23-2022 08:31 PM

Wait wait wait, there's a law BANNING collectively shaming children for concepts like blood guilt that they can't possibly understand, nor should be expected to?? What kind of monsters are proposing these laws??

Ooloo 01-23-2022 08:39 PM

Every time I see my beautiful little four year old niece, I remind her that she is an oppressor, but SOME people are trying to stop me!

Patriam1066 01-23-2022 08:44 PM

Government shouldn’t enforce speech codes on private businesses. That is horrible precedent

As for both sides weaponizing the schools, I assure you, the Chinese are teaching math and science. We should be doing the same.

Kich867 01-23-2022 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooloo (Post 3414444)
Every time I see my beautiful little four year old niece, I remind her that she is an oppressor, but SOME people are trying to stop me!

Why do you make leaps like that?

Ooloo 01-23-2022 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kich867 (Post 3414452)
Why do you make leaps like that?

Because it's not really a leap, it's the logical conclusion depicted in an obvious over the top way that clearly illustrates a point. It's called a reductio ad absurdum!

Ooloo 01-23-2022 09:09 PM

This is even more retarded on a practical level, when you're actually dealing with adults.

Racist tony down in accounting isn't gonna stop making chinese jokes in his personal life because he drags his feet through a mandatory diversity and inclusion meeting. All of that shit costs money and it's a complete waste of time, on top of being kinda creepy and orwellian. These people are trying to engineer utopia, and everyone in history who has tried to do that has ended up killing millions.

Kich867 01-23-2022 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooloo (Post 3414458)
This is even more retarded on a practical level, when you're actually dealing with adults.

Racist tony down in accounting isn't gonna stop making chinese jokes in his personal life because he drags his feet through a mandatory diversity and inclusion meeting. All of that shit costs money and it's a complete waste of time, on top of being kinda creepy and orwellian. These people are trying to engineer utopia, and everyone in history who has tried to do that has ended up killing millions.

It doesn't really cost money, but from a business perspective it's far more about covering their own ass than trying to change racist tony.