Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   NPC Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Torch on pet's (/forums/showthread.php?t=321648)

Hibbs 04-04-2019 11:29 AM

Torch on pet's

I didnt take any SS or anything of the event, and not sure if anything has changed but..

Recently when I charm a pet on my Enchanter and give them a torch when I kill them to get my torch back the torch is not in their loot table. This has happened maybe 4-5 times in the last week. You can see the torch in their hand but nothing in loot table.

If you need more info like Screenshots or something I can work on producing some and add them here.

Thanks guys

Darkatar 04-04-2019 11:32 AM

Is the mob in question used for a quest? Fairly sure quest mobs will never drop things handed to them, for exploit reasons.

Ex: Killing hasten bootstrutter won't drop you 1000 AC rings.
Killing undead foreman won't give you a pile of jade shards.

Charmed or not when you did the turn in.

Hibbs 04-04-2019 12:00 PM

Hmm i dont think so. Today i had the Caretaker (I think is his name) down in KC Basement. I dont remeber the other NpC's name's off the top of my head. I'll have to watch more carefully and see if this is the reason.

branamil 04-04-2019 12:16 PM

This has happened to me many times. Maybe 1 in 10 times, my pet doesn't have any or all of the items I gave it. These are regular mobs, not vendors.

kjs86z 04-04-2019 02:55 PM

Has never, ever happened to me.

Have charmed and weaponized...at this point...thousands of mobs.

Hibbs 04-04-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjs86z (Post 2886871)
Has never, ever happened to me.

Have charmed and weaponized...at this point...thousands of mobs.

Been here like 3-ish years and havent seen anything like it since the last few weeks. I hear ya though

DMN 04-06-2019 03:24 PM

I've had it happen. Always with a torch, too. You'll also lose at least any other weapon equipped on the mob. I've never lost a corpse with a full item loadout thank god.

Fragged 04-07-2019 10:28 AM

Did you give it to the mob before you charmed it? If so then that's the reason.

7thGate 04-11-2019 12:06 PM

Now I'm curious. Can you just give a mob a torch and have it equip it without charming it? Not an enchanter, so I don't have a lot of personal experience with equipping NPCs, but very curious about the mechanics involved.

Hibbs 04-11-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thGate (Post 2891779)
Now I'm curious. Can you just give a mob a torch and have it equip it without charming it? Not an enchanter, so I don't have a lot of personal experience with equipping NPCs, but very curious about the mechanics involved.

Hey Jayya!

To hand anything to an enchanter pet it has to be charmed. So what I was doing was charming a skelly in the basement killing everything I needed to then camping so pet would break and reset safetly. I would just med up and when cycle started again I would charm my skelly who would be sitting in the corner. Rinse and repeat. When I finally decided to leave you would get pet low then break pet and shoot a low damage nuke to kill. Leveling this ensures you get full xp per kill and also that you get the items back you gave him. These few experiences I've had the torch I had given him was not on his loot tables.. just 1 bone chip. I've been waiting for it to happen again and will post screen shots!

I mean honestly it's just a torch for now. I've never had a pet kit or other items not appear in the loot tables. I guess my end game would just be curious if it could happen with other items.