Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Can See Servers, Can't Connect To Any (/forums/showthread.php?t=427420)

Nadosh 01-12-2024 09:39 PM

Can See Servers, Can't Connect To Any

Unsure as to why this started happening... I was playing last night just fine on my new Necro on Green.

I can log in and get to the screen to select which server I want to connect to/play on, but as soon as I actually attempt to connect to that server to select which character I want to play on, the game client becomes unresponsive. Nothing I have tried to do resolves it, and I've done nothing but shut my PC off and turn it back on between last night when I was playing and right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

mcoy 01-13-2024 07:44 AM

Could be a routing issue with your ISP. Rule it out by using alternative means (hotspot, vpn, friend's wifi, etc) to connect.

If it is, your best bet is to just wait - continue using your workaround. It usually takes a week+ for an engineer to realize there's a problem and resolve it. You'll probably see several more posts appear along these lines because it's not just you.

You can try contacting your ISP but good luck getting level 1 to understand wtf you're talking about.

Also, bounce your modem/router if you haven't already.

-Mcoy

Nadosh 01-14-2024 02:17 PM

Tried all of these to no avail, most before making the post. Not the first time I've been through rodeos like this, sadly.

Seems to be a communication error that might be caused due to the most recent Windows update. I guess I lied - there was an auto-update to Windows that happened between the night I was able to play and the day I made the post, so as you said, it may be a week or two before things resolve through the normal route. I'll try reverting to before the auto-update and see if I can play.

Zephonim 01-14-2024 07:23 PM

The same thing is happening to me. The only way I was able to play for the last few days was I had to uninstall, then delete all the folders associated with the game(if I left files and folders it would not work), then reinstall. It has been a real PITA.

Doing some troubleshooting, it appears to be related to resolution. I enjoy playing in fullscreen at 3440x1440 144Hz. When I would first get in, I would play with the resolution, then Alt+Enter to get fullscreen, I would then get everything put in place i.e. bags, target, etc, etc. I would play for my session and sit and camp. When I would try to log back in, I would have the issues you stated, I could get to the server select then when I would try to enter the server, the game would go non responsive and I would have to uninstall/reinstall to get back in.

For shits and giggles I thought I would leave it at the default resolution and found I had no issues. I also found that before I camped, if I changed the resolution back to default 1280x720, I also did not have any issues logging back in. Not sure why.

Anyway, not 100% sure if we are having the same issue but the way you described it, it sounded just like what I have been going through. I hope this works and you can get back in to play!

Zeph

Nadosh 01-15-2024 04:22 PM

I'll have to give that a try as well, Zeph. Thanks for your input. I haven't had any luck with reverting PC to prior to windows update. I'll uninstall/reinstall and see if that works... I didn't ever touch resolution when I played, though, so not sure if our issues are identical.

Nadosh 01-15-2024 06:03 PM

Update: just tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting all files as you said worked for you - did not work for me.

Ajax10 01-15-2024 06:17 PM

Same here

ISP is good, connection is good. Just wanted to add a +1 to this. Its not just you.

Nadosh 01-15-2024 06:33 PM

Sorry to hear that, Ajax. We can weep together while we wait for a fix.

Ajax10 01-15-2024 06:57 PM

Update - Issue was on my end

After doing further diagnostics I now know the issue was on my end. Moreso with my VPN. Rest that and I am in and playing fine.

Nadosh 01-15-2024 07:18 PM

RIP me. Sad and lonely again.