Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Starting stats for Iksar Warrior (/forums/showthread.php?t=370811)

f2pelerin1182 11-05-2020 01:14 AM

Starting stats for Iksar Warrior

I'm going to roll an Iksar Warrior once Kunark launches and I'm wondering where I should spend the bonus starting stats.

I don't intend to raid with this character, if that makes a difference.

My initial feeling is to go all 25 points in either Stam or Dex, but I'm not sure which and would like some other opinions.

Thanks.

hannahgrams 11-05-2020 01:48 AM

if i wasn't raiding i'd go dex on warr for more procs for threat management in parties

but that's just me

Baler 11-05-2020 03:16 AM

Dex or Cha is the min-max for warriors.
If you plan to get BiS all over, go Cha
If you plan to get a couple raid pieces, go Dex (based on OP you fit here)

Don't go all STA on a warrior, the gear you'll get in kunark and especially velious will have STA
Warrior is a very gear dependent class.

f2pelerin1182 11-05-2020 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hannahgrams (Post 3205358)
if i wasn't raiding i'd go dex on warr for more procs for threat management in parties

but that's just me

Yea that's what I was thinking too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 3205380)
Dex or Cha is the min-max for warriors.
If you plan to get BiS all over, go Cha
If you plan to get a couple raid pieces, go Dex (based on OP you fit here)

Don't go all STA on a warrior, the gear you'll get in kunark and especially velious will have STA
Warrior is a very gear dependent class.

Yea that's a big part of why I like the class, I have a 50 Human Warrior on Green and leveling was heaps of fun - so I'm gonna do it again on Kunark with an Iksar.

It sounds like Dex is the way to go, I'm glad I decided to ask.

Thanks to you both.

DoodyLich666 11-05-2020 11:03 AM

I too am interested in an iksar warrior, but I have one major hang up that I have been thinking about. Is this, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fFsvESLXqCE, really how they swing a sword???

Doujou 11-05-2020 02:44 PM

There's a simple fix to the bugged animations:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=262117

DoodyLich666 11-05-2020 03:07 PM

Nice! Thank you!

Crede 11-05-2020 08:54 PM

Iksar 2hs animation still sucks after the fix. Best bet is to stick with 1hnders

DoodyLich666 11-06-2020 12:24 AM

Yeah, that way I guess I could better utilize the dex which people have suggested to take at the start, and I can still look cool.
Is it worth trying to gear for dex as a lowbie warrior?

Snaggles 11-06-2020 12:14 PM

If you don’t plan on raiding STA won’t be easy to cap. Even if you are almost stam capped walking around pre-sham buff that’s literally more hitpoints. I’ve frequently hit the zone line with less than 100hps and rarely have a raid team with me to make sure I’m capped. It’s more zerk range when solo. My gnome warrior went full STA and with droppable kunark (ac/hp geared) stuff he was in the mid 100’s.

Dex is nice to pick up when possible. It’s super easy to cap with buffs (can stack w/focus if casting before). If left to a better dice roll of a proc or more hps I’ll go with a the red bar every time.

I started off p99 casually. Still pretty casual. Kicking myself a bit for not optimizing stats for end game but in the end 120hps either way won’t make or break a group or raid tank. If you raid enough and get the best free gear stam or dex won’t be an issue anyways.