Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Wake me up when Green 2.0 is announced (/forums/showthread.php?t=401589)

eqravenprince 04-12-2022 10:51 AM

Wake me up when Green 2.0 is announced

Forums are dead right now. Game is meh. Need something new. Ready for Green 2.0.

Bardp1999 04-12-2022 10:55 AM

I fear you are in for a long sleep friend, 2023+

Gustoo 04-12-2022 11:06 AM

Even longer if they run red 2 first which seems likely.

If you are a non pvp guy enjoy one of the two currently 500 plus pop servers and be happy

eqravenprince 04-12-2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3445317)
Even longer if they run red 2 first which seems likely.

If you are a non pvp guy enjoy one of the two currently 500 plus pop servers and be happy

I will say this about the 50 or so people who play pvp, they are a confident and vocal bunch.

sajbert 04-12-2022 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqravenprince (Post 3445338)
I will say this about the 50 or so people who play pvp, they are a confident and vocal bunch.

Isn't it really just this guy?

Tunabros 04-12-2022 01:48 PM

wake me up when september ends

Gustoo 04-12-2022 02:33 PM

My rationale for stating that it seems more likely to see a red 2.0 before we see a green 2.0 is that Red 2.0 or the PVP Discord server have actually been discussed in the past, even if it's been several years now. In contrast, while the green -> merger was planned from the beginning of green launch, I have not seen any discussion from the staff about a green 2.0.

I'm really not super confident here, just speculating with the extremely limited information I have.

And after some of the most challenging aspects of green 1.0 some players might be interested in trying a server with a different take on things, and it could really bring more players into the fold because EQ PVP is an extremely rare sub genre of MMO's, and many many players missed out on this kind of real pvp versus the hand hold childs play PVP of a more "modern" MMO.

I'm not confident, just hopeful.

And my comments were meant to encourage all of the non PVP players to take advantage of the fact that you currently have TWO 500+ population single box EQ emulator servers that do a better job of recreating 2001 era everquest than really anyone could ever have hoped for a non SOE server. Sure they are at the end of their timeline but you've got 500 people to interact with, that is pretty robust. Waiting what could be YEARS for a new timeline progression server seems like a pretty hard line to take when the existing servers are so healthy.

Red 1.0 on the other hand has been double digit population for several years now after multiple server cataclysms and the interest in a "fresh start" encouraging people to TRY pvp will certainly bring a lot of new people into the pvp version of the game.

On PVP EQ almost 50% more items suddenly actually make a difference to your playing experience, and resists matter for more than just dragon killing. It's really a more dynamic way of playing. The "mean PK's" are significantly less of a nuissance than the "mean permacampers" you run into on a blue server cock blocking every camp and being assholes in general with impertinence.

Basically, try it and you'll like it. Red 1.0 in its dead state really doesn't give a decent representation of what EQ PVP is like so it's hard to recommend to people except any skilled player who wants to quest and actually find camps open.

JDAm0nk 04-12-2022 03:06 PM

It's confusing to me that the staff here spends so much time dealing with the raid scene yet the entire community can't get a yearly (or two) update to talk about the project's overall status.

PatChapp 04-12-2022 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDAm0nk (Post 3445446)
It's confusing to me that the staff here spends so much time dealing with the raid scene yet the entire community can't get a yearly (or two) update to talk about the project's overall status.

You just asked and answered your own question
Only so many volunteers, very busy dealing with other things

Scalem 04-12-2022 06:06 PM

If you think we are getting any new servers or a merger at any point before the heat death of the universe I got some beach front property in South Dakota to sell you.