Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Question about cleric races / cultural armor (/forums/showthread.php?t=313681)

horaxe 12-27-2018 11:41 PM

Question about cleric races / cultural armor

Hello All!

I am brand new to p99 and I haven't played EQ since back around PoP and never got max level (hoping to change that now!) But I was wanting to make a cleric to just heal in groups and I am just stuck on what race to pick. I like the look of Dark Elf, High Elf and Dwarf but I can't decide.

Everything I read says that dwarf has the best cultural armor and I am just wondering why/how, just looking at Weight/Str/Wisdom on the cultural armor for all 3 races I came up with

Dwarf - Weight (69.6) STR (59) Diff (10.6) WIS (41)

High Elf - Weight (33.6) STR (27) Diff (5.6) WIS (54)

Dark Elf - Weight (33.6) STR (37) Diff (-3.4) WIS (40)

It seems like to me they are all really good?

And it seems like having a race with low strength wouldn't be a huge deal with this armor since it really doesn't add that much net weight after the str you get from the armor itself. (I know low level plate won't have str but idk how much of a concern that really is)

I am sure there is a lot that I am missing/don't know but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated! =)

Varren 12-29-2018 12:36 AM

I vote dark elf for the look, the potential raid-saving hide and the clicky snare neck. Your decision should be entirely aesthetic though, in my opinion.

horaxe 12-29-2018 12:39 AM

Do you have any experience on if weight is as big of a deal as it seems? I don't have any plans on raiding or anything so I don't know if i'll be able to get the gear I need to not be weighed down all the time. That is one thing im worried about!

Varren 12-30-2018 02:03 AM

There might be times levelling up that you are annoyed by it, but that’s just cause you’re an elf. Your powers of mind will prevail

Jimjam 12-30-2018 12:23 PM

Wear mesh or +str gear.

Xaeophi 01-01-2019 12:19 PM

Dark Elf is the only correct race to choose.

taamas 01-02-2019 12:24 PM

Barrel roll gives extra stats. Just sayin'.

loramin 01-02-2019 01:54 PM

If you haven't seen it yet, you should check out http://wiki.project1999.com/Cleric#P...the_Right_Race. If you do you'll notice cultural armor isn't really mentioned as a distinguishing factor because ... it's not.

ESPECIALLY here on Blue, where the server has been going for over a decade (vs. live's two years for the equivalent period), all gear (except stuff like Fungis and CoSs) is much cheaper than it should be. As a result, almost no one buys cultural except for the look: there is just too much other, better, armor available. So really you shouldn't even worry about it.

But to answer your question, the Dwarf armor is generally considered better because people consider Stamina also (dead clerics can't heal anyone).

SunDrake 01-11-2019 01:10 AM

Quote:

Dwarves: Dwarves are tied for second-best wisdom and have a unique "barrel roll" animation (with no in-game benefit), but also have armor restrictions at lower levels
Pulled from that wiki comparison page.

I am totally drawing a blank in terms of what armor restrictions Dwarves have at lower levels? If anything, they have more access to cool Priest items than medium races. Scarab Armor for the lower levels [it looks awesome] then later Belt of Cenobite, etc.

Crede 01-11-2019 06:21 AM

Dwarf cultural armor has stupid amounts of str AND sta along with the wisdom. And has great ac. Those combinations are what separate it from other cultural armor. Pretty solid MR from them iirc too.

Cleric race really doesn’t matter, but I’d go dark elf. The snare necklace they get is kinda cool but really just having hide kicks ass.