Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ice Burrowers in WW (/forums/showthread.php?t=414489)

Spaerhawk 01-31-2023 03:35 PM

Ice Burrowers in WW

What's a good group makeup look like to kill these stupid worms? Figure 4-6 available players, reasonably (but nowhere near BiS) raid geared.

We're looking for cash monies in the non-traditional camps and, since EVERYONE hates these damn worms, I thought I'd see what kind of group we'd need.

Cheers.

Toxigen 01-31-2023 03:37 PM

Can't they be solo'd with snare kiting? I don't think they summon. Also not very lucrative.

Have you guys done G Wurms in Skyfire? Can be done with a lot of different group makeups but harmony and tash sticks (if no enc) help a lot.

Prot / tola / juggs...not exactly unconventional but a little more interesting than anything else Sebilis has to offer for 4-6 players.

Ripqozko 01-31-2023 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3565914)
Can't they be solo'd with snare kiting? I don't think they summon.

yep, get an epic druid, and you can fall sleep killing these with anyone

DeathsSilkyMist 01-31-2023 03:58 PM

Yeah they don't summon, they run at normal speed, and they don't have high HP regeneration like the Dragons. Most classes could solo them if they spent enough time lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fsvt1xfuqY - Took an hour on my Shaman. Wouldn't recommend it, but it can be done.

The only requirement is all of your group members need some way to increase their movement speed. This is because the AoE proc also dispels. By the time you are high enough level to fight Ice Burrowers, that shouldn't be a problem in any group composition.

Danth 01-31-2023 04:23 PM

If you want to fight burrowers conventionally in melee you'll want the same type of group composition you'd have for nest dragons, then add some extra burst healing to cover for when the burrowers proc their AE several times back-to-back. You definitely don't need a full group or high-end equipment. The wife and I have Thurgadin-level (or equivalent) stuff and we've fought those plenty using various tactics.

If you weren't aware, unlike most monsters, the borrower's AE spell is in fact a melee proc--it will never activate if the burrower isn't attacking someone. That, coupled with their slow movement and lack of summon, is why most people kite them.

Danth

DeathsSilkyMist 01-31-2023 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danth (Post 3565933)
If you want to fight burrowers conventionally in melee you'll want the same type of group composition you'd have for nest dragons, then add some extra burst healing to cover for when the burrowers proc their AE several times back-to-back. You definitely don't need a full group or high-end equipment. The wife and I have Thurgadin-level (or equivalent) stuff and we've fought those plenty using various tactics.

If you weren't aware, unlike most monsters, the borrower's AE spell is in fact a melee proc--it will never activate if the burrower isn't attacking someone. That, coupled with their slow movement and lack of summon, is why most people kite them.

Danth

Yeah the biggest concern with the burrowers is their AoE proc. Even with 240ish Cold Resistance I was getting hit more than half the time. You can't really out-resistance it, so I agree having heal support is nice for when they proc back-to-back.

Jimjam 01-31-2023 04:45 PM

Soloed one on a 60 ranger in about an hour and a quarter iirc. It dropped no silk nor chest. Didn't do again.

Duod a few with a druid and that was MUCH faster.

IDK how the aggro changes have affected aggro kiting these. Duoing them was like 30 mins prekite. If you have a group of 4 or 5 aggro kiting them you'll spend more time looking for /moving between burrowers and handling adds than killing them.

Good luck op, I look forward to seeing you report your progress!

DeathsSilkyMist 01-31-2023 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3565943)
Soloed one on a 60 ranger in about an hour and a quarter iirc. It dropped no silk nor chest. Didn't do again.

Duod a few with a druid and that was MUCH faster.

IDK how the aggro changes have affected aggro kiting these. Duoing them was like 30 mins prekite. If you have a group of 4 or 5 aggro kiting them you'll spend more time looking for /moving between burrowers and handling adds than killing them.

Good luck op, I look forward to seeing you report your progress!

You can just kite them on the waters edge, like I do in the video I posted above. Much easier and safer than trying to kill them in the middle of the zone.

Jimjam 01-31-2023 04:53 PM

I think with 5 people, you'd be killing them so fast you may run out of pulls near the waters edge, and have to pull them from pretty deep in to the zone. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if puller has ToV faction and invis animals?

DeathsSilkyMist 01-31-2023 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3565947)
I think with 5 people, you'd be killing them so fast you may run out of pulls near the waters edge, and have to pull them from pretty deep in to the zone. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if puller has ToV faction and invis animals?

That is true. If you are churning through Ice Burrowers, pulling to the waters edge may take more time. But yeah everybody would have to be Dragon factioned, or your Druid would need to be very proactive with Harmo hehe. Both methods have their tradeoffs, and it would come down to your group composition and player laziness at that point.

Water's edge is safer/easier, and faction is generally irrelevant. Group comp is less of an issue too. But pull times can slow you down.

Being in the middle of the zone is faster, but has more requirements. Ideally everybody would be Dragon factioned, and you have a Druid/Ranger for Harmony. People need to pay more attention too.