Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Another server cover up (/forums/showthread.php?t=329745)

Valakut 07-11-2019 04:41 PM

Another server cover up

Was looking at the wiki on this page

https://wiki.project1999.com/Former_Guilds

Anyone notice that Knights Who Say Ni, Peace Pipe, and FBI are all missing?

Who would want to cover up the history of the server?

https://i.imgur.com/DJo11mA.jpg

What if the real truth is just that the server is no longer inhabited by the original population? What if there was a cover up to convince the newbies that they were the only newbies when in fact the entire server was newbies?

The truth is that greengrocer was ready to reveal that the real server population is less than 100 and all the "players" are really just an advanced NPC script Nilbog put together...

bigjeff100 07-11-2019 04:54 PM

Please don't delete the existence of The Blackheart Pirates!!!!

Loke 07-11-2019 08:59 PM

Also gothic circle is notably absent. They were by far the largest guild on this server in classic era. Pretty sure like half the server was in GC at one point. Who's behind this cover up? What are they hiding?

Loke 07-11-2019 09:05 PM

Also, Fusion wasn't part of the TR merger, that was just IB and Darkwind. Fusion was the name they took after DA and Dozekar merged, and I'm pretty sure Dursion was the guild leader.

That wiki entry is full of disinformation. Fake news conspiracy confirmed.

reznor_ 07-11-2019 09:14 PM

OP has been abducted and will be found with 3 headshots, ruled a suicide

Endonde 07-11-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loke (Post 2935120)
Also, Fusion wasn't part of the TR merger, that was just IB and Darkwind. Fusion was the name they took after DA and Dozekar merged, and I'm pretty sure Dursion was the guild leader.

That wiki entry is full of disinformation. Fake news conspiracy confirmed.

Yea I really like the idea, and its a neat graphic, but there are some things wrong.

Forceful Entry merged with TMO mid Kunark, they didnt merge with Forsaken.

Rampage was just IB, and A-team not Haggard Krew.

Shows TMO going to live prog servers for some reason? I guess in they had players leave for those but I'm sure every guild did. Also they changed into Forsaken before Velious not after.

Kittens is older than what is shown, they just weren't a raiding guild at all back then.

Prostatus 07-12-2019 03:47 AM

NO <Life Alert>?? This list is jokes

Thugnuts 07-12-2019 09:06 AM

<Serious Business> is also absent.

d3r14k 07-12-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalflingPotential (Post 2935265)
hmmmm you might be on to something... the next logical question is : who edits the wiki the most???

Loramin confirmed Illuminati.

loramin 07-12-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3r14k (Post 2935273)
Loramin confirmed Illuminati.

Yup, you got me:

https://i.imgur.com/bn7hV6H.png

Seriously though, the Former Guilds page is just where I stick content from the Guilds page, when I remove it because the guild is no longer active. I figure having some kind of "history of old guilds" page is better than removing it entirely.

If some guild isn't on that page, it just means they weren't on the original page (or maybe they were but someone else removed them ... or I did it before the Former Guilds page existed).

But of course, it's a wiki, so anyone can edit it to add missing guilds ...