Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What's your favorite single PC game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=371831)

Tunabros 11-16-2020 11:24 PM

What's your favorite single PC game?

Mines is probably The Sims: Complete Collection or Might and Magic 6: The Mandate

of Heaven

I also remember playing plants vs zombies on my uncle's laptop as a kid that was fun

also does anyone remember zuma?? :D

EDIT: title is supposed to say favorite single player PC game

imperiouskitten 11-16-2020 11:27 PM

Shogun 2: Total War. where my takeda bros at.

or else, Counter-Strike, whichever version so long as the gameplay is mostly intact and doesn't change a lot, and ppl take it serious. If we include VR as "pc games" then my favorite is my imaginary Pavlov VR which has an actual compoetitive scene like CS, but unfortunately since it's so niche currentluy it's kind of liek a best front end without a back end.

Topgunben 11-16-2020 11:36 PM

I guess I have to limit this to just one, which seems next to impossible.

Half Life

Even though I’m not a huge fan of the scifi genre, the game just had the most bad A feel to it. It’s a game I could go back and play again, over and over.

Hi arbor mentions would be:
Diablo
Warcraft 2
Starcraft
Diablo 2
Mount and Blade Warband
Total war rome
Zelda windwaker

imperiouskitten 11-16-2020 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topgunben (Post 3213063)
I guess I have to limit this to just one, which seems next to impossible.

Half Life

Even though I’m not a huge fan of the scifi genre, the game just had the most bad A feel to it. It’s a game I could go back and play again, over and over.

Hi arbor mentions would be:
Diablo
Warcraft 2
Starcraft
Diablo 2
Mount and Blade Warband
Total war rome
Zelda windwaker

half life and its modding scene should have shaped all post-Internet society and its copyright law. what a rennaissance.

shogun is way better than rome though

Topgunben 11-16-2020 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imperiouskitten (Post 3213075)
half life and its modding scene should have shaped all post-Internet society and its copyright law. what a rennaissance.

shogun is way better than rome though

I’m still waiting for Rome 2 to go on sale. After 6 years, they are still charging $59.

But I agree. I can’t think of a single game that has shaped the gaming landscape for than half life.

Baler 11-16-2020 11:57 PM

Wolfenstein 3D
Black and White
Ultima 7 + Serpents Isle
Diablo 2
Daggerfall Unity
Blood
Fallout 2
Lands of Lore 1

ps. you can edit a thread title for a short time by going to the sub forum it's in and double clicking within a few pixels near the thread title.

magnetaress 11-17-2020 12:01 AM

Blender, gimp, mspaint and photoshop.

But I am not good at them. I've won zero games.

Perhaps if I were perfect, winning a quake 1-3 tournament before my plane crashed in the side of a mountain would be where its at. Waaay past my reactive and proactive quaking prime tho. I won like two public DMs.

imperiouskitten 11-17-2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topgunben (Post 3213077)
I’m still waiting for Rome 2 to go on sale. After 6 years, they are still charging $59.

But I agree. I can’t think of a single game that has shaped the gaming landscape for than half life.

I just realized I was being dumb, Rome 2 is the only one I have played I never played Rome 1! But I own it on Steam, so I'm downloading it. :) If it's comparably good to Shogun 2 I'll be super hyped. I kind of prefer the Roman setting, the geography practice, etc. Unfortunately and not to be a downer but Rome 2 isn't near as good, although I had a lot of fun playing the Seleucids and trying to keep their empire together.

Baler 11-17-2020 12:10 AM

Just going to slip this link into this thread...
Open Source Game Clones

imperiouskitten 11-17-2020 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnetaress (Post 3213081)
I won like two public DMs.

awesome :D

Nice link Baler, seeing Blood reminded me of it and Duke3D, which is definitely my actual favorite single player shooter.

edit: holy F spring 1944 looks kool, never seen it b4