Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Asked to leave group because of gear. (/forums/showthread.php?t=340236)

slowpoke68 11-09-2019 01:16 AM

Asked to leave group because of gear.

I'm a 22 warrior and was invited by a 23 warrior to join his group at FP in unrest. I have a full suit of banded, a few low level magic items and a shiny brass halberd as my main weapon at this point.

I get there and he inspects me then tells me I don't have the gear and I would be of no use to the group.

I am wondering what gear I should have at this level and at this stage on the Green server?

Thank you.

Bazia 11-09-2019 01:20 AM

go to teal

cd288 11-09-2019 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowpoke68 (Post 3018737)
I'm a 22 warrior and was invited by a 23 warrior to join his group at FP in unrest. I have a full suit of banded, a few low level magic items and a shiny brass halberd as my main weapon at this point.

I get there and he inspects me then tells me I don't have the gear and I would be of no use to the group.

I am wondering what gear I should have at this level and at this stage on the Green server?

Thank you.

Lol that’s strange that he would do that. Sounds like you’re definitely sufficiently geared for your level. Must’ve just ran into a jerk

Swish 11-09-2019 01:24 AM

You're there to tank not DPS, and unless you've personally gone to Highkeep etc to get some bronze armor you're not going to have better than banded...which you've saved for and managed to acquire.

What did the 23 warrior have on him? Apart from some inflated ego based on his gear versus yours?

Gatorsmash 11-09-2019 01:26 AM

You should have trained them while taunting him, and taken your 3 day ban like a man.

NegaStoat 11-09-2019 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowpoke68 (Post 3018737)

Thank you.

I'm having a horrible flashback from WoW classic and a DPS warrior inviting another warrior to tank only to be told their gear sucks and they boot them out. I never expected to see a similar story on Green, but there it is.

Videri 11-09-2019 01:50 AM

What do they want, someone in Bronze? lol

I guess maybe Bone Bladed Claymore or dual Obsidian Shards?

Khikik 11-09-2019 01:59 AM

Last i checked Classic Everquest doesn't have ilvl requirements. Infact ilevel requirements where not put into place until the 3rd expansion of a entirely different MMO which is way out of the timeline for this project

strawman 11-09-2019 02:15 AM

Who is this toxic shitter? Name and shame

Spock2020 11-09-2019 02:27 AM

I would make sure to put his name on ignore lol the advice on going to teal might be a good idea too.