Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   PVEVP, or what makes EQ special (/forums/showthread.php?t=370099)

ClephNote 10-23-2020 11:45 AM

PVEVP, or what makes EQ special

What makes EQ special? I’m glad I asked.

This is one the few games where you have a PVEVP environment. It’s like a First person shooter, MMMORPG and true community, all mixed into one. We have celebrities, black hats and white hats, kindness and cruelty. Rep actually does still matter here.

Over the years, things like instances and quality of life changes emerged in MMOs so games would be more widely accessible, people could enjoy content With a “realistic” time investment, get their pixels and remove skill/commitment locks on content. But not good old p99. You eat what you kill or you starve here.

But, the world being what it is, rotations, bag limits and politicians are destroying the purity of the game. Which isn’t kill Naggy/Vulak. Literally anyone can beat Naggy/Vulak. It’s to beat YOU for Naggy/Vulak. The rush. The win. Linking loot in open channels (just imagine doing this, don’t actually do it, loser).

Now, you’re probably saying, “LOL, EQ isn’t a skill game!” To which I say, how do certain guilds consistently lock down content? “Cuz they are a Zerg, neck beard, no life loser virgin.” No. They play the game better than you. Git gud. Not git gud at PR campaigns, smearing your opponent, petitioning EVERY loss and completely changing the game into a TLP with rooted dragons and orders of magnitude less content.

It’s been said before, and immediately dismissed, but this is not an instanced server. There are finite mob spawns. Artificial instancing through rotation of premium content is basically your 10 year old daughter demanding she play in the NFL and getting a game on Sunday. You aren’t owed premium content on a 20 year old free emu. Again, it’s not even the loot. It’s the race. This is the Olympics, and you’re demanding that you be allowed to win 100m dashes by getting your opponent disqualified. Honestly, you should be embarrassed.

There are very few meritocracies left in the world, don’t destroy this savage corner of the internet, so you can have casual non-instanced EQ rotations, reducing mob availability and races, so you can catch a dopamine rush you didn’t earn.

I promise, the ones you earn are worth it.

Ripqozko 10-23-2020 11:49 AM

Filing under toxic and unemployed.

Nexii 10-23-2020 11:54 AM

Sorry you didn't get to compete this week

BiG SiP 10-23-2020 11:54 AM

https://i.imgur.com/dKANnCN.jpg

ClephNote 10-23-2020 11:58 AM

I don't play on that gross blue server. Are you kidding me? Content isn't premium after year 5. You are garbage rats, fighting over two year old half eaten tacos.

Arvan 10-23-2020 11:58 AM

Filed under very salty

indiscriminate_hater 10-23-2020 12:00 PM

Random internet cliche insult

Delekhan 10-23-2020 12:11 PM

Having success in a competitive atmosphere requires a solid organizational structure, good leadership, trust and teamwork. It takes effort. It takes a group of all kinds of people to sustain it.

ClephNote 10-23-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delekhan (Post 3197723)
Having success in a competitive atmosphere requires a solid organizational structure, good leadership, trust and teamwork. It takes effort. It takes a group of all kinds of people to sustain it.

Eloquently stated!

Plaguu~ 10-23-2020 12:18 PM

The problem is the raiding rules.

Using the NFL analogy, its as if every play the rules change. Then after every play people are throwing red flags all over.