Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Absolute worst race/class/deity combo (/forums/showthread.php?t=383158)

ketzerei84 04-20-2021 08:53 PM

Absolute worst race/class/deity combo

Besides halfling anything, as a former Triton raider I know full well that halflings are the worst race in EQ :p

I was thinking Erudite Pally worshipping Quellious might be the worst combo. But let's see what the community has to say ^^

loramin 04-20-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketzerei84 (Post 3292216)
halflings are the worst race in EQ :p

What are you smoking? Halfling (hide/sneak/XP bonus) is one of the three master races of Norrath, along with Iksar (regen/ac bonus) and Ogre (frontal stun immunity).

Samoht 04-20-2021 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketzerei84 (Post 3292216)
Besides halfling anything, as a former Triton raider I know full well that halflings are the worst race in EQ :p

Halfling is one of my top races. They have above average stats for all of the needed stats for their available classes and tons of potential utility with sneak. Never underestimate a cleric or druid or even a warrior with sneak.

My worst would be Dark Elf Warrior worshiping anything besides Rallos Zek. Terrible starting DEX and STA, even worse STR, and then if you pick Inny, your racial armor will be crap.

INT based warriors suck.

Fammaden 04-20-2021 09:51 PM

I'd say DE rogue is even worse than DE warrior, and there's no reason to choose it since rogues can easily obtain a DE mask.

DMN 04-20-2021 09:52 PM

Dark elf rogues would also be in the running. Perhaps worse than in DE warriors because you don't even get your racial hide advantage since it already comes with the class kit and mask of deceiver being useless. You will also be taking a faction hit for being a rogue, which warriors don't suffer, though that's obviously a minor for rogues.

That said what exactly is meant by "worst". Solo, grouping, raiding, or perhaps some kind of averaging of the three? At 60, from1 to60, twinkled or untwinked?

Gustoo 04-20-2021 10:39 PM

Worst means worst dude. Straight up worst.

I’m ok with every combo though for me a half elf Druid is probably the worst class race combo in the game.

starkind 04-20-2021 11:17 PM

A blind eru pal or human war/rog. Yikes.

Blindness was rougher than any stat penalty I imposed on myself even.

Wrekt 04-21-2021 12:02 AM

anything that can be ranger or paladin

ketzerei84 04-21-2021 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3292237)
What are you smoking? Halfling (hide/sneak/XP bonus) is one of the three master races of Norrath, along with Iksar (regen/ac bonus) and Ogre (frontal stun immunity).

It’s an old joke from a top end raid guild on Povar which refused all halfling applicants as a matter of course. They even had a write-up explaining how halfling experience bonuses made players bad lol.

As to what I mean by worst...
some unholy combination of:
1) this sucks to solo
2) the faction work to get anything done with this is mental-health challengingly terrible
3) the combo is so suboptimal that you’re not even wanted in groups or raids if literally anything else is available

On a scale of course.

Jimjam 04-21-2021 02:50 AM

Evil half elf warriors (bertie or inny) they are widely hated, bad stats, little utility beyond clickies and potions, don’t have their own cultural to make, the cultural they can use isn’t great.

No combo is really all that bad really though.