Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Who's killing Lodizal These Days? (/forums/showthread.php?t=430585)

treefiddey 04-19-2024 07:05 PM

Who's killing Lodizal These Days?

Hi all,

I'm mostly soloing a monk, because my play time is a bit random. I was wondering how feasible it would be to do the Eyepatch of Plunder quest. I assume Lodi is being regularly killed, but does anyone know if people are after the map piece or the other items? Is the map in high demand or is there a chance whoever is killing him might let me loot it?

Thanks in advance for thoughts/advice.

- Nessy

Tnair 04-19-2024 07:33 PM

last i saw, awhile ago now, Lodizal regularly had 10-20 people show up minutes before his window began, and proceed to have a weird high school cafeteria kind of cliques formation, each clique being friends willing to help each other kill Lodi and share loot. Then everyone sits there semi afk for up to two hours, and if youre all lucky, he pops during that time. Then whoever gets the precious First Engage (always done by a pet class), would have friends to help secure the kill, and others would often ignore or just leave at that point if it was clear that clique could handle it. Showing up without a clique to join leaves you alone and friendless at lunch, and I never saw anything left for people outside the clique, much less something as precious as the map fragment. They would hold the corpse for a friend alt before they let a stranger loot who was there. Hopefully for your sake its improved since then.

treefiddey 04-20-2024 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tnair (Post 3682095)
last i saw, awhile ago now, Lodizal regularly had 10-20 people show up minutes before his window began, and proceed to have a weird high school cafeteria kind of cliques formation, each clique being friends willing to help each other kill Lodi and share loot. Then everyone sits there semi afk for up to two hours, and if youre all lucky, he pops during that time. Then whoever gets the precious First Engage (always done by a pet class), would have friends to help secure the kill, and others would often ignore or just leave at that point if it was clear that clique could handle it. Showing up without a clique to join leaves you alone and friendless at lunch, and I never saw anything left for people outside the clique, much less something as precious as the map fragment. They would hold the corpse for a friend alt before they let a stranger loot who was there. Hopefully for your sake its improved since then.

Good to know! What you describe definitely makes sense, especially the holding the corpse for alts. I just didn't know if this was an item people were still after, or if those who play enough to kill Lodi on the reg had enough better gear this point not to bother. Thanks!

Trexller 04-21-2024 01:20 AM

On TAKP:

Lodi farmers constantly tell the global channel that the map part is rotting

Toxigen 04-22-2024 08:57 AM

best off just buying the loot rights