Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Rogue Epic is Easy? (/forums/showthread.php?t=323261)

Meiva 04-17-2019 10:20 AM

Rogue Epic is Easy?

Hello all,

I rolled my first and only rogue in 18 years of playing EQ. What a fool I am for not having played one sooner. I'm enjoying myself a whole lot. So, I've completed other class epics and have decided to look up Rogue epic quest. I expect to hit 50 in another week or two. Is it truly as easy as it looks?

It seems there is a pickpocket time sink, and then only two npc kills? If questing yourself you must be level 50 minimum to complete, I understood that. I intend to join a mid-range raid guild when it comes time to do the fights. The two fights are some of the simplest I'm familiar with..

Anywho, I was planning to pay for an MQ but I have always enjoyed questing epic quests myself. I will certainly save myself the plat if this quest truly is as easy as it looks. Any insight?

Thank you

Tethler 04-17-2019 10:28 AM

It is certainly the easiest of all epics to complete. If you play a decent amount and are in a guild that goes up to Hate, don't buy it.

DinoTriz2 04-17-2019 10:32 AM

I completed it with my main, which is a Rogue, so I had very little cash to invest towards it.

I did it back in the day where it was perma-camped as everyone and their grandmother bought an epic for their level 1 Rogue.

Pickpocketing Tani N`Mar in Neriak is a guaranteed death(s) unless you exploit it, and even then it's incredibly risky without SoW.

Pickpocketing the Dwarf in Kaladim isn't as hard (it just takes forever). It feels like his is more rare. Also, it seemed like people camped him more.

The book is not too bad in Hate, however, your guild will most likely say "Go get your book!", not realizing there are a ton of mobs who see through invis in Hate. They expect it's a happy little stroll up to your book. It's not.

Killing Renux is easy as hell, looking for Yendar is the hard part. Another perma-camped spot. But I asked a random 60 Druid to help me kill Renux. We duoed her easy.

Spawning and killing General V`Ghera is not too bad, just have to get a good raid force to like you enough to help.

Hope to god that he drops Cazic's Quill or else you'll probably have to MQ the Robe of the Kedge, which is a pain to get.

Jimjam 04-17-2019 11:38 AM

If no quill redo and sell loot rights on second general and hope for quill of the second attempt?

Tethler 04-17-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 (Post 2895100)

Pickpocketing Tani N`Mar in Neriak is a guaranteed death(s) unless you exploit it, and even then it's incredibly risky without SoW.

Pickpocketing the Dwarf in Kaladim isn't as hard (it just takes forever). It feels like his is more rare. Also, it seemed like people camped him more.

The pickpocketing parts can be annoying as dino says because it's hard to find a rez in city zones sometimes. Plan on possibly eating deaths. Also, pickpocket these at a lower level so it doesn't hurt so much in the case that you DO need to eat a death.

Meiva 04-17-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2895139)
If no quill redo and sell loot rights on second general and hope for quill of the second attempt?

Wouldn't the person you sold the loot rights too also be expecting a quill, or does the encounter drop gear as well? If so, that might be a decent idea.

Meiva 04-17-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tethler (Post 2895150)
The pickpocketing parts can be annoying as dino says because it's hard to find a rez in city zones sometimes. Plan on possibly eating deaths. Also, pickpocket these at a lower level so it doesn't hurt so much in the case that you DO need to eat a death.

Great idea. I'm going to skill up a bit now and start with the neriak note. Bound there atm.

Thanks all! I think I'll quest instead of purchase.

Tethler 04-17-2019 11:55 AM

One of the dark elves near General in Kith can drop kedge robe. The Coercer I think? It's kinda farmable that way if you don't get the quill drop.

aaezil 04-17-2019 11:58 AM

Booksnotup.com

Legidias 04-17-2019 11:58 AM

Pick up that free RBG or RBB or w/e too