Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The loss of Aradune Mithara (/forums/showthread.php?t=341802)

firesyde424 11-21-2019 08:42 AM

Well said!

BlackBellamy 11-21-2019 09:27 AM

I always wonder when I travel around this world, someone is responsible for all this. All the trees, where they were placed, the bends in the corridor, the statues, the walls, the buildings, the spawns, everything was made by a bunch of people. We go to Guk, every inch familiar and every step memorized, but this place that we all know so well was thought out by people who had no idea how iconic these places would become. Twenty years later thousands of people are lost in nostalgia or experiencing the magic for the first time. I don't know exactly what Brad was responsible for, whether what I'm looking at had his hand in it, that's immaterial. I know as long as an EQ emulator is running somewhere, that's all the tribute I need to Brad and his team.

/salute

Caridry 11-21-2019 09:38 AM

This one hurts. A lot. The father of MMO today and so young. We may have lost him, but he is not dead. No, his legend will live on forever...

Cask 11-21-2019 09:51 AM

Saw this sad news about Brad on Reddit yesterday. Reading the thread comments awoke a massive yearning for EQ nostalgia which led me back here. I called up my best friend of 20 years who I met back in 1999 and last night we reentered Norrath once again as a couple of clueless newbies on Teal server. Many thanks to the Project 1999 team for making this possible. It's quite a fantastic thing has been created here for old fans like myself.

Dulu 11-21-2019 01:09 PM

Really sad. RIP, brother!

Girthro 11-21-2019 03:14 PM

I know this sounds sad, but this game has always meant a lot and it's still magical to me.
Thanks for an embarrassing amount of hours of fun, Brad (and staff on P99).

Keza 11-21-2019 04:30 PM

Oh shit been off the internet loop and didn't even know. The quote they used on the Pantheon twitter is both fitting and accurate. What makes games like EQ so great is that it doesn't just feel like a game. It's what makes it great despite the flaws. Few MMOs accomplish that for one reason or another.

R.I.P.

Hastur 11-21-2019 06:11 PM

So sad, rough week for EQ folk.

Baler 11-21-2019 06:14 PM

Thank you for what you did for EverQuest Brad. Rip homie

Kika Maslyaka 11-21-2019 07:28 PM

I gave the man a lot of crap over the years, but never the less he still the one who started it all. He gave me some of the most frustrating and yet most uniquely rewarding time ever spent playing a game.
He had my criticism, but also my gratitude.

Rest in Peace.