Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Question about cleric races / cultural armor (/forums/showthread.php?t=313681)

loramin 01-11-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDrake (Post 2839898)
Pulled from that wiki comparison page.

I am totally drawing a blank in terms of what armor restrictions Dwarves have at lower levels? If anything, they have more access to cool Priest items than medium races. Scarab Armor for the lower levels [it looks awesome] then later Belt of Cenobite, etc.

I think that's referring to the fact that dwarves are small, and thus can't wear medium/large armor. But it also sounds out-dated/misleading and in need of correction.

Quizlop 01-11-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDrake (Post 2839898)
I am totally drawing a blank in terms of what armor restrictions Dwarves have at lower levels? If anything, they have more access to cool Priest items than medium races. Scarab Armor for the lower levels [it looks awesome] then later Belt of Cenobite, etc.

I don't know about specific lower level restrictions, but Dwarves (and Halflings) cannot wear robes at any level.

Doctor Jeff 01-12-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quizlop (Post 2840282)
I don't know about specific lower level restrictions, but Dwarves (and Halflings) cannot wear robes at any level.

That's not true at all. First example that comes to mind, Robe of the Spring

Depends on the item.

Quizlop 01-13-2019 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff (Post 2840633)
That's not true at all. First example that comes to mind, Robe of the Spring

Depends on the item.

Huh, TiL.

However, in the case of Clerics, Robe of the Azure Sky and Sal'Varae's Robe of Darknesss remain off limits to Dorfs and Asslings.

Doctor Jeff 01-13-2019 09:49 AM

So what you meant was, they can't wear the specific BiS (per era) robes.

Here's another robe anyone can wear, Guardian Robe. (not saying this is any good on a cleric)

At any rate, Dwarves and Halflings don't have robe models, so they will all just look like tunics of the corresponding color and don't fit his request for cool pieces. (visually, I assume, based on his mention of scarab)

Pyrion 01-14-2019 05:59 AM

Consider halfling, only race to get hide *and* sneak, can be pretty usefull for a cleric.