Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Where to Sell Stuff? (/forums/showthread.php?t=330254)

Sororos 07-19-2019 05:38 PM

Where to Sell Stuff?

Totally new to EQ, but I've read up on it enough to know how the East Commonlands are the main trading hub between players. I'm levelling a character over in Qeynos, though, and I've been collecting bone chips, silk, HQ pelts, etc. I was wondering whether there's any other locations besides EC (near me or not) where trade regularly happens.

bigjeff100 07-19-2019 05:41 PM

EC is really the only place. You can post your sales here, and somebody might come meet you? But that's the only trading area in game.

Axoc 07-19-2019 05:42 PM

The only real avenues for trading are, in order of most common to least common:
EC tunnel
Within a guild
Over the forums via Forums -> EC Tunnel subforum
Occasionally people will pop into a high-pop leveling zone to try to sell some twink gear
Your best bet would probably be banking everything as you get it until you're high enough to leave the Qeynos area, then catching a teleport from <Dial a Port> over to EC and tunnelquesting everything in one go.

Chesticals 07-19-2019 06:49 PM

Everyone is always plugging Dial A Port. We need a competitor in the market!

AlgebraTheBard 07-21-2019 10:21 PM

Or ask any porter (not restricted to Dial a Port members, ask nicely if fee required or tips) for a port to WC (druids)/NRo (wizards), sell all your stuffs then have a wizard teleport to bindpoint (safest) or a druid teleport to Kanara (more challenge).

Or you could simply stay at Freeport area for levelling, not hard to get a bind in Freeport area.

Sporkotron 07-22-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesticals (Post 2937871)

But.... why? DoPers function on donations, therefore a competitor provides no benefit for customers aside from making a ride harder to find.

Yasi 07-23-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesticals (Post 2937871)

Your wish is granted.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...highlight=UPER

Ravager 07-24-2019 04:38 PM

/auc works in any zone. Lots of people pass through Qeynos Hills and West Karana. Just make a hotkey of your sales and press it once in a while when you see new folks around, it'll be slower than EC, but it'll sell sooner or later.