Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   NPC Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Derakor the Vindicator (/forums/showthread.php?t=159341)

Crom 07-27-2014 05:33 PM

Derakor the Vindicator

Good post on what stats he should have: (GM notised that he had a little to much now)

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...9&p=3#comments

1) Auto-riposting is Enraging, not Rampaging. Rampaging is when it attacks the top four people on its hate list.

2) Derakor the Vindicator can be split from his fellow guardians by any talented monk or a team of monks.

3) Derakor has 100k HP. Enrages. Rampages. Quads for 700, and rather quickly. Cannot be slowed. A guild using the MT method can easily dispatch him with fewer than two dozen people, as long as they're the right people. Spawn time of eight to twelve hours. KoS to everyone except for the 'true children of Rallos Zek'. Unfortunately for you ogres out there, those are giants. Killing him lowers your kromzek, kromrif and Tormax faction. It raises your ClawsOfVeeshan faction.

4) His drops, in order of most to least common, are the Chestplate of Vindication, Boots of the Vindicator and the Living Thunder Earring.

Alunova 07-27-2014 05:42 PM

Can't go exactly by this, but I've been watching and logging. Vindi will be a quite bit easier (Mainly HP and AC) next patch and statue will be quite a bit harder.

Nizzarr 07-28-2014 01:58 PM

from same link:

Quote:

The Temple Guardians are splittable. Quiet easily in fact. We did it tonight when we dropped this ugly punk. Chestplate of Vindication dropped.

Then on to the Statue. This was a FUN fight. 15+ minutes long with 34 people. Dropped a BP, Swiftblade, and Cloak.

Elidroth
57 Warrior
Seekers, Druzzil Ro
can statue drop 3 items here?

Scrubosaur 07-29-2014 01:59 AM

I read rampage, flurry and enrage. And wasn't rampage always just damage to the person on hate list after MT? Or was it originally 3-4 people like what is posted in the 2001 forum notes?

Daldaen 07-29-2014 08:01 AM

Rampage was only the first person on hatelist. If first person on hatelist=Tank, then it goes to second person. But if the tank stops being tank cause someone stole aggro, you revert to Rampage.

The classic rampage apparently wasn't clearable by zoning, dying/Rezzing or FDing. My experience with it in Luclin/PoP it was cleared by those things, since they removed you from the hate list. However apparently there are some quotes from Velious era that say if you died and got rezzed back in, you'd revert to being ramp tank.

I don't think I've seen any claims that it's hitting more than one person though.

Jib 07-29-2014 06:36 PM

I thought rampage hit the top 2 on agro list besides tank. That's what i remember

Daldaen 07-29-2014 07:01 PM

From... Luclin-Current EQ, Rampage is one person who isn't the MT, and it goes based off initial aggro list.

PoP had AE Rampage added. In GoD they clarified the messaging and called AE Ramp "Wild Rampage".

Velious though... Rampage was very very weird. Lots of posts have conflicting information too.

Jib 07-29-2014 07:08 PM

should prob make things a little bit harder anyhow, since people are much more skilled at gaming these days.

Daldaen 07-29-2014 07:28 PM

If there is some evidence suggesting that was how it was sure. But would need evidence. Otherwise just arbitrarily changing stuff cause harder won't make this server too classic.

I've read through some Ramp posts on EQClerics from 2001. They are a mess. People claiming 5 are ramp, claiming dying doesn't clear you from ramp list, claiming DA removes you. Lots of crap. Very hard to get a consensus on early ramp mechanics. Though perhaps it was just all perception and ramp never really changed too.

Pretty sure these forums have lots of quotes pulled from the era about ramp though.

Jib 07-29-2014 07:32 PM

yeah i didnt say anything about it being classic. Just saying it would be more fun if it was harder.