Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   How bad are Rangers really (/forums/showthread.php?t=414397)

WokeCat 01-29-2023 04:55 PM

How bad are Rangers really

I grouped with a ranger in Karnors castle and they was able to get single pulls because they have wolf form n harmony + with my shaman slow they tanking wasn’t really any different than warrior tanks I’ve had who typically pulled 3 mobs at a time due to having no way of lull

Like idk

I’ve never felt like my group has been worse by having a Ranger or Wizard in it lol

At least not on blue

On green before Kunark came out I had a ranger who kept OOMing my cleric because he cast flame lick on every mob

Jimjam 01-29-2023 05:24 PM

KC exists to make rangers feel like gods.

WokeCat 01-29-2023 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3564909)
KC exists to make rangers feel like gods.

I thought that was Pegasus cloak ngl

Encroaching Death 01-29-2023 05:33 PM

Rangers can be a great addition to a group if the player puts in 100% effort.

They're better pullers than Monks in outdoor zones.

They can CC or snag aggro in a pinch.

Their DPS is fine.

They can buff melee classes.

They're like Necros in groups. If they're played to their full potential, they can be impressive. But if not, they just kind of an afterthought that no one really seeks out.

WokeCat 01-29-2023 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encroaching Death (Post 3564915)

They're better pullers than Monks in outdoor zones.

I’ve never had a monk who uses fd to single pull mobs on p99 ngl

Idk if they don’t know how, are lazy, or simply don’t care becus they know our group can handle multiple mobs

But it’s the norm for me to have to root and slow 4 mobs every time a monk pulls lmao

Encroaching Death 01-29-2023 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WokeCat (Post 3564916)
I’ve never had a monk who uses fd to single pull mobs on p99 ngl

Idk if they don’t know how, are lazy, or simply don’t care becus they know our group can handle multiple mobs

But it’s the norm for me to have to root and slow 4 mobs every time a monk pulls lmao

In a comfortable situation with a good group, yeah there's no need to single pull.

But when your Cleric leaves and you need to keep mob spawns broken, sometimes it's helpful to have that control. Pull out and focus on that one troublesome mob, etc.

Solist 01-29-2023 05:50 PM

If you want to discuss what makes something good or not it would be helpful to say at which thing you want them to be good at.

My ntov geared 60 ranger can keep every warlord ph down in sequence, it's an easy plat farm.

A level 55 monk in EC gear can tank better on just about any mob there. No contest.

Ekco 01-29-2023 05:56 PM

tl;dr

Human ranger with Azure robe is pretty top tier fashion quest.

Renault 01-29-2023 06:01 PM

The problem with rangers is they are a hybrid with no required raid role outside of a single buff. As far as xp grouping and soloing they are fine.

Encroaching Death 01-29-2023 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renault (Post 3564932)
The problem with rangers is they are a hybrid with no required raid role outside of a single buff. As far as xp grouping and soloing they are fine.

The Harsh Truth: a lot of classes don't have a crucial role for Raiding outside of 1 or 2 abilities.