Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   are Necromancer Pet attacks Magic? (/forums/showthread.php?t=282265)

Nagoya 10-03-2017 03:41 PM

are Necromancer Pet attacks Magic?

Title says it all :)
As the Necro does not have summon weapon spells like the magician (or cleric) I was wondering if I had to give my pet a magic weapon everytime I want to farm elementals or willowisp?
The "pet guide" on the wiki didn't help me unfortunately so I'm turning to you guys :)

Thanks!

NegaStoat 10-03-2017 03:46 PM

I believe the level 16 pet for enchanter, magician, & necromancer begins to have their natural attacks count as magic. If I am wrong, I know the 20's do it for certain. One solution is to simply make a level 1 magician, drop a gem for it to pick up and have it purchase the summon dagger spell, and then have the character summon a magic dagger or two and have your necromancer pick it up and off you go.

If you have an iksar necromancer then yes, this will be a problem. Honestly though, everything in Field of Bone and Kurn's tower shouldn't require a magic weapon to hit.

Nagoya 10-03-2017 03:50 PM

I am a Human necro and it is quite common to see mages passing by and I already often bother them for some bandages and whatnot ;) but yeah I was thinking of farming the willowisp on Erud's Crossing at 10-16 or so, but without a pet that might prove difficult hehe.

Thx for your answer :)

darkreap 10-06-2017 09:21 PM

You could make a level one mage to summon daggers for you and ground transfer them.