Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   ALL HAIL THE LIST - THE LIST IS LOVE - THE LIST IS LIFE (/forums/showthread.php?t=333752)

El-Hefe 09-13-2019 01:39 PM

ALL HAIL THE LIST - THE LIST IS LOVE - THE LIST IS LIFE

Quote:

Lists
We would like players to have their fair shot at obtaining limited time items, and to that end we are devising a system for a server-kept 'list' of players in line to loot said item. Upon entering a zone or camp area, you will be able to enter a command to add yourself to the list for this item. While your name is on that list you must remain in the zone or camp vicinity until your name reaches the top (You'll have a limited time to re-enter the zone or area in case of disconnection). Once your name is up, and the item drops, you will automatically be granted exclusive permission to loot that item from the corpse. We hope this system will prevent the practice of passing camps and/or items to friends, corpsing additional items, and so on. We believe this should closely mimic how the majority of camps were handled in classic Everquest, and is the best solution to mechanically enforce it. More details about this system will be announced prior to launch.
Personally, I think this is one of the best ideas to come from the developers. Fantastic, I'm excited as hell for green now. What do you guys think?

Oleris 09-13-2019 01:49 PM

MRW I zone into guk.

https://i.imgur.com/eK3n3J8.jpg

Octopath 09-13-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Hefe (Post 2960187)
Personally, I think this is one of the best ideas to come from the developers. Fantastic, I'm excited as hell for green now. What do you guys think?

Definitely changed me from a fringe green player to definitely giving it a try

ThonDaMan 09-13-2019 03:39 PM

It's kinda cool they're implementing this. It's in the "spirit" of classic. I'm sure our best neckbeard scientists are studying ways to abuse it.

But good on them for trying.

zaneosak 09-13-2019 03:58 PM

Don't you still have to be in the zone to remain on the list or did I read that wrong?

Zeboim 09-13-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaneosak (Post 2960309)
Don't you still have to be in the zone to remain on the list or did I read that wrong?

You have to be in zone, with a small window for disconnects and such (Zoning for trains and such I imagine).

kjs86z 09-13-2019 05:59 PM

not classic

Chortles Snort|eS 09-13-2019 06:24 PM

https://i.imgur.com/ViODznR.gif

Pyrrhica 09-13-2019 07:00 PM

https://i.imgur.com/kpPj547.gif

NegaStoat 09-13-2019 08:55 PM

Edit - I got the answer I was looking for after doing some digging. In this case, lists look okay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 2960317)
I want to address a few misconceptions I've seen about the Lists.

The items will still be going to those that put the time in. This is not a "Casual" mechanism. This is a "Fair playing field for those that can put the time in". You will need to be the appropriate level that we pre-determine to add to the list. You need to stay ONLINE and in the zone or near the camp. You need to pass AFK Check Mechanisms. You can only loot it once. Etc. This system is purely to prevent the same people or group of people from holding the camp for days or weeks at a time and stocking up the items for themself and their friends/guildies.