Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OT faction - to trash or not to trash? (/forums/showthread.php?t=230201)

Wiff 02-28-2016 10:10 PM

OT faction - to trash or not to trash?

First character here. Very shortly I'll be able to proc the Worker Sledgemallet that's been sitting in my bag for the first time. I'll also be coming up on a bit of a crossroad here as KC and HS open up. As hella nice at it is for a non-Gate class to have a home base they can just port to to sell and bank, I can't decide whether the perks are worth avoiding these two dungeons.

Input would be appreciated. Would you find this too much of a loss in group opportunities? Are you still slaying VP dragons in repentance for your cardinal sin? Or did you just say good riddance to the ripoff artists at OT and accept the trek to FV?

Lojik 02-28-2016 10:16 PM

Eh if you port in you're in a safe spot, and I can usually get in and out of the outpost NP without aggroing anything. The merchants suck to sell to cause greedy, and you can bank from the outside wall without aggroing anything.

Naethyn 02-28-2016 10:22 PM

I avoided KC and did the Hole instead. For a warrior bankers at hammer are great.

Wiff 02-28-2016 10:25 PM

The loss from selling is really that significant, huh? Didn't know about the banking though, that's really good to know. Come to think of it, considering there's an iksar vendor right in the zone that's not affiliated with the outpost, it wouldn't be very much of a loss. Thanks for the awesome information, Lojik!

NarcolepticLTD 02-29-2016 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiff (Post 2204038)
there's an iksar vendor right in the zone that's not affiliated with the outpost, it wouldn't be very much of a loss.

The iksar vendor in OT (no faction - indiff to all) is just like the outpost vendors - overcharges and underpays.

Troxx 02-29-2016 07:38 AM

Trash your faction if you already have your OT mallet.

Even kos it's easy to hammer in and wiggle out to ramp. KC is easy xp 50+ and HS is great. On both my monk and shaman I did the hammer quest in my 30s to early 40s and then went kos 49+.

Morlaeth 02-29-2016 11:33 AM

Can always get OT faction back by killing VP dragons =D

Daldaen 02-29-2016 11:36 AM

Don't sell in OT. They're all greedy merchants.

OT is just good for buying food/drink because the cost is inconsequential even when doubled, and 51-60 Spells because they must be bought there generally.

thufir 02-29-2016 01:08 PM

Trash it, it's awful. If you have access to invis (goblin ring, incarnadine bp) you can bank in OT outpost with 99% safety by doing it through the wall (as someone above pointed out). Nearly all the good (and bad, depending on your point of view) dungeons in Kunark are on VS faction. Avoiding hurting it will be depressing.

Wiff 02-29-2016 09:18 PM

I figured it would be too easy to get around OT prices doing business with the iksar; the loss I was referring to was more just the option to vendor. Now that I know I can enjoy all the perks of OT while KoS anyway, I have no reason to shut myself out of some perfectly good 50 zones.

Thanks, folks! One more level and I'll be petting drolvargs with my club.