Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ERROR Please delete wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll from EQT Directory, files don't exist? (/forums/showthread.php?t=401863)

brummbar75 04-19-2022 03:26 AM

ERROR Please delete wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll from EQT Directory, files don't exist?

I'm actually so confused, I already fixed the whole "D:\EQ P99\eqgame.exe" patchme. error but now I'm getting a error saying, please delete wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll from you EQ Titanium Directory but the files do not exist. Hope somebody has a fix for this.

Thanks! Mike.

K-EAVKR 04-21-2022 12:27 AM

This might be related to an antivirus or system guardian style program blocking the extraction of the '.dll' files to your system.

Try temporarily disabling any antivirus or defender application if present. Either way, download the Project 1999 Patch Files and extract them again into your Everquest directory overwriting all files asked. If you think you may have inadvertently patched the Titanium client to Live, then you should start the install process over with a clean install.

Here is a link to the Install Guide for reference.

Here is a post regarding the false-positive virus flagging of '.dll' files that some people have encountered.

It appears at least one other person has run into something similar here.

brummbar75 04-25-2022 02:22 AM

I've tried putting down my windows firewall and reinstalling everything, still nothing.. put hours into trying many different solutions, I'm so at a loss it sucks.

Kieu 05-19-2022 10:34 PM

All I wanted to do was play again and all I did was update my fucking eq folder from a couple years ago and im fucked. gg man, guess i dont care enough to reinstall it 15 times. I already tried separate new folders and nope, this bullshit

Gruffman 05-19-2022 11:05 PM

I get those when I run as administrator but not when I just right click, open. If I just open it normie style, I see the server screen.

Kieu 05-19-2022 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruffman (Post 3460774)
I get those when I run as administrator but not when I just right click, open. If I just open it normie style, I see the server screen.

I got mine to work again, not sure if you've played on here but make sure you're running off a shortcut with patchme on it and admin also put it on win xp sp 2 compatibility. i forgot about all of that, although my main client just errors out so now my UI is destroyed.

mcoy 05-20-2022 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieu (Post 3460781)
I got mine to work again, not sure if you've played on here but make sure you're running off a shortcut with patchme on it and admin also put it on win xp sp 2 compatibility. i forgot about all of that, although my main client just errors out so now my UI is destroyed.

You can copy your char's ini files to the working installation... That will restore their UI layouts so long as the screen resolution is the same.

-Mcoy

Gruffman 05-20-2022 10:18 PM

patchme? I've no idea what that is xD

Is this something I missed in the original instructions?

I did play at the beginning of the year for a bit, but somehow I never ran into any of these issues.

i'm also kinda afraid my character is gone xD