Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Befriend animals (/forums/showthread.php?t=352415)

Vaarsuvius 03-13-2020 06:29 AM

Befriend animals

Just a quick post to tell how much I have come to love that spell

While camping treants with a fellow SHM, we talked about that lvl 29 spell that he did not pick and which I did

We gave it a try, and could not believe how useful that seemingly useless spell with its low level cap was

Elephants and Bull Elephants in South Karana are perfect pets to kill treants. No need to buff pet like crazy, Quicken is more than enough to interrupt mobs.

Due to the level difference, Charm hardly ever breaks, and even when it does it's no big deal since mobs won't hurt you much...

Nonetheless that green pet that would get its butt kicked by any deep blue mob will help you a lot. If I remember correctly, the first pet we get at lvl 34 is about as god as one of those charmed animals

I've now used pets to get from 30 to 33 1/2 way faster than I would have expected.

2 DoTs and some meleeing (no buffs myself aside from Regen & Sow) are enough to kill a mob and I can start Canni dancing while mob fleas when it's low hps, while the same mob would require 2 or 3 additional DDs to die when I'am on my own w/o a charmed pet

Hope that helps others level faster. Give that spell a try :)

aspomwell 03-13-2020 11:43 AM

Yep, it's gotten my druid from 16 to 31 (and counting) as well.

For the treants, it's fine as long as you get them before they DS themselves (or dispel them). I haven't fought treants with my druid but I remember they chewed through my necro pet pretty good when I fear kited some wandering treants in SK.

PS, Belkar > Vaarsuvius

Vaarsuvius 03-16-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspomwell (Post 3097343)

For the treants, it's fine as long as you get them before they DS themselves (or dispel them). I haven't fought treants with my druid but I remember they chewed through my necro pet pretty good when I fear kited some wandering treants in SK.

PS, Belkar > Vaarsuvius

Yup, that's why I always had my pet guard just between the 2 spawn points. Each repoping treant would immediately aggro the pet and forget about buffing itself like,

Videri 03-16-2020 12:55 PM

I'd bet a lot of people don't even realize Shamans get this spell and can charm animals up to level 24.

Vaarsuvius 03-18-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspomwell (Post 3097343)

PS, Belkar > Vaarsuvius

@aspomwell No way I can let you write that Belkar is better than V !

PS: I prepared Explosive Runes this morning :p

aspomwell 03-18-2020 07:04 PM

https://i.imgur.com/aWVG6LI.gif

Vaarsuvius 03-18-2020 09:39 PM

Hahaha,

He definitely is a sexy shoeless god of war ����

Jimjam 03-19-2020 06:13 AM

There is a level 24 large dire wolf that spawns in permafrost and oh does it love to eat goblins.

Christina. 03-23-2020 01:53 AM

That's a good idea. If I ever play a shaman again I think I'll do that.

I've heard of druids soloing in fear with gorillas as pets.

Wallicker 03-23-2020 09:02 AM

CT alligators are great too and there is a nice zem....