Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Platinum Standard (/forums/showthread.php?t=383130)

Grumph 04-20-2021 10:23 AM

Platinum Standard

What’s the true underlying cause of toxicity on this server?

Has sharing helped? The draft? Bag limits? Petitions? Punishments?

The true culprit behind all the sad feelings: DKP.

The solution? Plat. Split. Everything.

Tell me if you’ve heard this story before. You see a guild. You join a guild. You see people with dkp. They spend dkp. You start earning dkp. So do more people. You try to get what you want. Prices fluctuate.

What is dkp worth? Are the guild founders skimming off the top? Are guild mates abusing the system?

And these are minor identity threats compared to: that other guild just killed the mob that drops what I want! Now what do I do with all this dkp!

Even greater threat: my guild is starting to loose! Dkp is pilling up with nothing to spend on! Hyperinflation! And if I speak up about it I can be unilaterally guild kicked! Stockholmes syndrome!

Imagine an alternate reality. Guilds bid out items. In platinum. And each participant gets a share of the proceeds.

Calculating idol and hate stone and recharge costs would be easier than all the different dkp calculations already being performed.

Now. When you loose a mob. Your competitors are taking future earnings away from you.

But they’re not devaluing all of your previous work.

That’s a huge difference.

And if anyone cared about toxicity - they’d declare that guilds can no longer create their own personal fiat currencies (dkp) and all must transition to the Platinum Standard.

starkind 04-20-2021 10:25 AM

IMO on blue things cost way to much for tradeskills which is super toxic, so I rolled on green because pelts/mana vails etc...

who the fuck wants to have to roll an enchanter alt to do tradeskills?

Toxigen 04-20-2021 10:34 AM

Ron Paul 2012

starkind 04-20-2021 10:37 AM

Maybe OP should join a different guild, just barter for a DKP package with the winning guild. I'm sure they won't mind the other guild losing a player.

enjchanter 04-20-2021 10:47 AM

Ive always thought a plat based guild would be a good idea personally. Pay out to the raid for getting the kill based off the plat the items went for. You can join and make raiding a plat farm or you can join and buy into the most fair version of loot distribution.

Cassawary 04-20-2021 11:51 AM

https://i.imgur.com/pD25jwV.jpg

Arvan 04-20-2021 12:10 PM

denial
anger
bargaining -- You Are Here
depression
acceptance

starkind 04-20-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjchanter (Post 3291883)
Ive always thought a plat based guild would be a good idea personally. Pay out to the raid for getting the kill based off the plat the items went for. You can join and make raiding a plat farm or you can join and buy into the most fair version of loot distribution.

Would be fun if it actually happend IMO.

Or a guild that let you spend plat on DKP.

Horza 04-20-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumph (Post 3291872)
What’s the true underlying cause of toxicity on this server?

https://i.imgur.com/k9tiHVf.png

Bardp1999 04-20-2021 12:38 PM

On P99 there are "haves" and "have nots". The "haves" think everything is working great and the "have nots" think everything is toxic and make retarded RnF posts.

Praying for you OP