Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Poll:Start anew or wait? (/forums/showthread.php?t=415281)

GardylooGubbins 02-15-2023 07:49 PM

Poll:Start anew or wait?

I've been getting the itch to play my favorite game again, and I'd like to try an entirely new character. Maybe a race/class combo I've never explored before. But I'm a bit hesitant to invest the time if the much discussed (but not confirmed) new server is going to drop soon.

Is there any reason to not just wait and see? I feel like I want to play a class that's not what I would choose as a first character on a new server, but I also know I'd just abandon it if the new server drops...

Decisions, decisions...

DeathsSilkyMist 02-15-2023 08:51 PM

Just play on Blue. Then you won't have to worry about it. As far as I know there is no confirmation on when Green 2.0 is coming out, so you may be waiting a while if you choose to do so.

Randy 02-15-2023 11:00 PM

Not have I have played on either server in a long time.

But do you like overcrowded newbie zones with cloth gear or flying through low levels to get to higher content?

If you prefer high content, I wouldn't wait. It will be the same. But Blue/Green at low level if you want to go to zones less traveled you have to build groups to go. Otherwise you have to play in the 'meta zones' to get groups.

Really depends on what you want your adventure to be.

Salamarr 02-15-2023 11:14 PM

I've been going back to my ex-greenfriends off and on. It's great fun and I'd rate it 10/10, every damn time. Eventually, the new server will drop, and like a moth to a flame, we shall all go.

Your second life begins when you realize you only have one.

Valakut 02-18-2023 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3574469)
Just play on Blue. Then you won't have to worry about it. As far as I know there is no confirmation on when Green 2.0 is coming out, so you may be waiting a while if you choose to do so.

When the new progression server comes everything will suffer population wise and they'll be forced to merge the old stuff. So join blue

iamrabbit 02-21-2023 12:42 PM

Yeah, blue is the way to go. All characters gonna end up there anyways..

Beaker 02-21-2023 01:58 PM

The obvious answer to me is to start that Erudite Paladin(right!?) now and play it clean, solo around a bit and go out of the way to group with newbies if possible. If G2 drops in a couple months you’ll have fresh experience or you’ll have figured out that that race/class isn’t for you and won’t waste “precious time” on a fresh server.

Jimjam 02-21-2023 05:45 PM

If you aren’t starting a new character fortnightly you aren’t playing classic Everquest.

Gustoo 02-21-2023 07:11 PM

Just play it could be years before a new p99 server and besides that nothing is guaranteed, it could shut down tomorrow. Enjoy the goodness we have today.

Nightshines 02-22-2023 05:11 PM

dont wait get on green today :) no guarantee that 2.0 is even dropping