Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Miscellaneous: Lay Hands Ability (/forums/showthread.php?t=229762)

Speedi 02-24-2016 04:56 PM

Lay Hands Ability

Moving the contents of this thread http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...08#post2200808 to here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedi (Post 2200230)
This ability pops up when its not ready.

I think I have read the SK ability Harm Touch has the same problem. Not sure if there is a thread on this already. Figured I would make a post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevynne (Post 2200357)
it does, it also resets on death which i dont remember it doing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erati (Post 2200628)
this has been a bug since 2010 when I created my paladin

welcome to the server hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by thufir (Post 2200772)
fwiw, Harm Touch is in fact bugged too in this exact way. Easier to keep track of at 55, since Unholy Aura's button displays correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedi (Post 2200659)
Just cause its been broke for 6 years does not mean its acceptable, it should be fixed. The dev's are only human. They forget just like other people do. If you want something fixed keep bumping the thread till it is fixed. Overtime others will see the thread, and post their comments. Then when a dev has some free time, and there is nothing more important to fix, they will fix something like this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thufir (Post 2200772)
fwiw, Harm Touch is in fact bugged too in this exact way. Easier to keep track of at 55, since Unholy Aura's button displays correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedi (Post 2200825)
Thanks for the links Erati. I can see you have been after them about this for a while. Haynar says this in 2011 ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haynar (Post 260301)
Part of the issues with making LoH and HT refresh on death, is the refresh time of the button had to be reduced. It uses the spells file value for this. If you zone, it will update the button. But short of zoning, you can mash it, to see how much time is left and try to keep track of it. That is about the best we can do, unless we can figure out a way to refresh the ability update timer somehow else. Which there may not be a way.

H

I am not sure what Haynar is trying to do with the refresh on death. That's not what I am referring to. I am referring to this ...

Example:

I use Lay Hands, the button don't stay greyed out till its ready again. It should stay greyed out till its back up.

We already have abilities that do the same thing in game that work fine. Forage for one, it will grey out and pop back up when its ready. Even if you zone it will stay greyed out till its ready. So why cant you implement the same code you use for Forage but increase the time to fit the Lay Hands ability.

I am going to keep this thread bumped till this has been fixed!

Thanks in advance for your time Dev's! We all appreciate it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erati (Post 2200827)
make a new bug post in bug forums and ill bump it forever <3

Erati 02-24-2016 05:05 PM

This bug causes paladin and paladin groupmate deaths daily when the Paly thinks he will b a hero having Lay Hands avail- then when its needed, you click and are a zero bc it wasnt ready :(

but the icon appeared ready!!! The paladin exclaimed

Kevynne 02-24-2016 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erati (Post 2200849)
This bug causes paladin and paladin groupmate deaths daily when the Paly thinks he will b a hero having Lay Hands avail- then when its needed, you click and are a zero bc it wasnt ready :(

but the icon appeared ready!!! The paladin exclaimed

Yoite 02-25-2016 01:09 AM

this bug is the bane of my pally existence every freaking day

Speedi 02-25-2016 06:24 AM

Good morning bump! Needs fixed please!

Danth 02-25-2016 11:18 AM

Once upon a time we had a timer that indicated how long Lay Hands or Harm Touch had before refreshing--because the button didn't work. That seemed fair to me. The admins removed the timer but never fixed the button. If they lack the know-how to fix it then it'd be equitable to give that timer back.

Danth

Speedi 02-25-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danth (Post 2201300)
Once upon a time we had a timer that indicated how long Lay Hands or Harm Touch had before refreshing--because the button didn't work. That seemed fair to me. The admins removed the timer but never fixed the button. If they lack the know-how to fix it then it'd be equitable to give that timer back.

Danth

I would like to be more realistic. The dev's went through all that trouble to take timers out the game to make a more classic EQ experience. They are not going to put timers back in for some type of band aid for the Lay Hands ability. This is not a difficult thing to fix. I made a good suggestion above when I brought up using code from other abilities that's already in game working properly. Let's try and keep this practical please. I really want to see this get fixed!

valaka 02-25-2016 12:21 PM

Please fix, this is very annoying

Kevynne 02-26-2016 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valaka (Post 2201343)
Please fix, this is very annoying

just had my group on red wipe because i thought LH was up

Speedi 02-26-2016 03:39 PM

Good afternoon bump! Let's get this fixed please! :)